[P2P-F] Fwd: UCSC Conference

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Oct 17 18:00:55 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daniel Araya <daniel.araya at icloud.com>
Date: Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 10:57 PM
Subject: Re: UCSC Conference
To: Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net>
Cc: Kevin Flanagan <kev.flanagan at gmail.com>

Can I ask you to forward this to the P2P network as well. Info on our
upcoming conference (Nov 2015):

The Future of Education: Advanced Computing, Ubiqutious Learning, and the
Knowledge Economy

The digital revolution represents a sea change in the nature of learning
and education. Information and communication technologies (ICTs) are
transforming academic research and scholarship—introducing an entirely new
platform for knowledge and learning. Alongside cloud computing and
virtualization, artificial intelligence and high performance computing are
now poised to fundamentally reshape the nature and scope of education.
Despite this new high-tech environment, there remains significant concern
about the capacity of contemporary education systems to adapt to
technological innovation. The University of California at Santa Cruz,
Common Ground Publishing, and the e-Learning Conference present “The Future
of Education” as the special focus for the Eighth International Conference
on e-Learning and Innovative Pedagogies. At this conference, participants
will discuss the global knowledge economy and changing labor markets, and
focus on the need to fundamentally rethink the way technologies can support
new pedagogies, new learning environments, and new institutional
configurations.

http://ubi-learn.com/the-conference/call-for-papers
speakers:
http://ubi-learn.com/the-conference/program-and-events/plenary-speakers

thanks!

Daniel Araya, PhD
Lead Researcher
Leadership and Policy
National Center for Professional and Research Ethics
www.danielaraya.com

On Oct 17, 2014, at 11:41 AM, Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net>