[P2P-F] Fwd: Fracking: the new threat to our food supply?

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Nov 25 07:47:35 CET 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: J Latham <jrlatham at bioscienceresource.org>
Date: Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Subject: Fracking: the new threat to our food supply?
To: bsr-PROJECT-ELIST1 at gn.apc.org

Dear All

Published today in *Independent Science News*:

Allison Wilson's review of a new book by veterinarian Michelle Bamberger
and Cornell professor of molecular medicine, Robert Oswald: *The Real Cost
of Fracking: How America’s Shale Gas Boom Is Threatening Our Families,
Pets, and Food*  (Beacon Press 2014).

http://www.independentsciencenews.org/health/real-cost-of-fracking-how-americas-shale-gas-boom-families-pets-and-food/

disruptors or otherwise hazardous. However, until Bamberger and Oswald
published their case studies in 2012, no one had systematically documented
ill health in people or animals living near drill sites. Left out of that
groundbreaking research, however, were the disturbing first person stories
of householders affected by fracking. *The Real Cost of Fracking* is a book
that conveys the all-encompassing nature of fracking’s harmful effects: on
the health, the personal finances, and the businesses of those attempting
to co-exist with it. On an even wider scale, this important book shows
persuasively that regulators and governments who allow hydraulic fracturing
on or near farmland endanger the food system.

Yours sincerely,

Jonathan

Jonathan Latham, PhD
Executive Director
The Bioscience Resource Project
Ithaca, NY 14850 USA

www.independentsciencenews.org
and
www.bioscienceresource.org

jrlatham at bioscienceresource.org
Skype: jonathanlatham2
Tel: 1-607-319-0279

"Good with Science"

Check out the Commons Transition Plan here at:
http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/