No subject

Thu May 29 13:38:36 CEST 2014

circumstances, and tried to respond as best as we could to the huge
expectations that the flok generated. I still don't think an early
departure would have a better option. Because of the depth of the abuse
that Gordon was subject too, I understand he has a different view of it,
but the research team had to take into account many factors and
expectations.

I just want to make a point that though, for someone who has lived under
the poverty level / minimum wage for years, though the income was very
important to me and my family, it is not something that can keep me quiet.
If money was the factor, I would not have taken a 90% pay cut since 2002.
This is why I have always continued to speak out against the abuses, as can
be readily seen in the public mailing list of the project. My main aim was
to react against the systematic defamation that was used as a mgt tool, but
otherwise leave the hierarchical process as is because I was powerless to
change it. I just ignored the many entreaties to ask for permission for my
activities. so the research team operated fairly autonomously outside of
the ambit of the hierarchical process. We have been entirely free in our
research and expression of our research results.

The mgt team has always systematically tried to minimize the role of the
research team and my role in particular, but I don't think it was very
effective. The willful defunding of the translation of the transition
document was rather easily circumvented by an appeal for volunteers; the
way the summit was organized was similarly carefully calibrated to diminish
my role, but the flok mgt team proceeded from the mistaken assumption that
my reputation was a threat to them, while the truth is , my strategy is
entirely invitational. Nevertheless, I see the purposeful policy to refuse
a discussion on the transition proposals, as a huge strategic mistake.
While they were hoping for the backroom deals that never materialized,
though some may ultimately come to fruition, let's hope, the generic
discussion about the commons is exactly what was needed to have a lasting
impact.

I make my work as interesting and signficant as I know to, and respond to
invitations. I never see myself as competing or as needing to push away
anyone else to do this. It's not something they are able to see from their
scarcity-driven point of view, but I entirely adapt this and never push
against such attempts. I proceed from the pov that quality work ends up
being noticed.

As Bethany argued elsewhere, while many of the papers and concrete
proposals may soon be forgotten because of the lack of engagement of the
authorities, the general ideas and concrete human connections are exactly
the lasting impact that our work will have there.

*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/

--001a11c2ae2a4d75cc04fd924b14

t to make a few points: the contradictions of the project became apparent v=
ery very fast, since we didn&#39;t get paid because of it, until the end of=
 March. I&#39;m not sure if everyone appreciates how serious that it for pr=
ecarious activist-scholars, i..e most of our team. (only the flok mgt had a=
 basic income) =C2=A0We had to pay our tickets, rent guaranties, rent, food=
 etc .. without an income and reserves. And the stress of not knowing when =
it would be solved, but the main issue of course: why the hell where we inv=
ited if the project was not supported, why were we invited and sabotaged at=
 the same time. I knew the reasons of the conflict since October, but only =
experienced its effects as of January. It is only 2 days after I went publi=
c with the issue, that it was resolved. After the departure of our rector, =
we were refunded and things improved. Since I had won my case by threatenin=
g to leave, it frankly didn&#39;t make any sense to leave having obtained s=
atisfaction.</div>
nd hard circumstances, and tried to respond as best as we could to the huge=
 expectations that the flok generated. I still don&#39;t think an early dep=
arture would have a better option. Because of the depth of the abuse that G=
ordon was subject too, I understand he has a different view of it, but the =
research team had to take into account many factors and expectations.</div>
o has lived under the poverty level / minimum wage for years, though the in=
come was very important to me and my family, it is not something that can k=
eep me quiet. If money was the factor, I would not have taken a 90% pay cut=
 since 2002. This is why I have always continued to speak out against the a=
buses, as can be readily seen in the public mailing list of the project. My=
 main aim was to react against the systematic defamation that was used as a=
 mgt tool, but otherwise leave the hierarchical process as is because I was=
 powerless to change it. I just ignored the many entreaties to ask for perm=
ission for my activities. so the research team operated fairly autonomously=
 outside of the ambit of the hierarchical process. We have been entirely fr=
ee in our research and expression of our research results.</div>
e the role of the research team and my role in particular, but I don&#39;t =
think it was very effective. The willful defunding of the translation of th=
e transition document was rather easily circumvented by an appeal for volun=
teers; the way the summit was organized was similarly carefully calibrated =
to diminish my role, but the flok mgt team proceeded from the mistaken assu=
mption that my reputation was a threat to them, while the truth is , my str=
ategy is entirely invitational. Nevertheless, I see the purposeful policy t=
o refuse a discussion on the transition proposals, as a huge strategic mist=
ake. While they were hoping for the backroom deals that never materialized,=
 though some may ultimately come to fruition, let&#39;s hope, the generic d=
iscussion about the commons is exactly what was needed to have a lasting im=
pact.</div>
to, and respond to invitations. I never see myself as competing or as needi=
ng to push away anyone else to do this. It&#39;s not something they are abl=
e to see from their scarcity-driven point of view, but I entirely adapt thi=
s and never push against such attempts. I proceed from the pov that quality=
 work ends up being noticed.</div>
nd concrete proposals may soon be forgotten because of the lack of engageme=
nt of the authorities, the general ideas and concrete human connections are=
 exactly the lasting impact that our work will have there.</div>
t my inbox on February 8; I have no record of previous communication, propo=
sals, etc ..</b></div>
=3D"_blank">http://p2pfoundation.net</a>=C2=A0 - <a href=3D"http://blog.p2p=
foundation.net" target=3D"_blank">http://blog.p2pfoundation.net</a> <br><br=
tion" target=3D"_blank"></a>Updates: <a href=3D"http://twitter.com/mbauwens=