[P2P-F] [berkmanfriends] looking for academics studying the "Sharing Economy"

Hans Lammerant hans.lammerant at telenet.be
Tue May 20 23:03:59 CEST 2014

Hello Michel,

do you also need input from a legal researcher?

I am working at the moment at the LSTS (Law, Science, Technology and
Society) research group of the Brussels University (VUB). I think this
is a project in which we can contribute.
Legal discussions arise more often with these new forms of sharing
platforms like Uber: when does participation in legal terms become
labour, trade, ... and triggers the application of those legal
frameworks. Question is then how these frameworks can be adapted in a
balanced way, both to avoid it is used to evade legal protection for
workers and to protect participants.

I am personally interested to participate in this project. At the moment
I am working on a project concerning big data and open data, but I have
also done work on labour law and privacy/data protection.

Best wishes,

Hans Lammerant