[P2P-F] [berkmanfriends] looking for academics studying the "Sharing Economy"

Daly, Angela Angela.Daly at EUI.eu
Tue May 20 07:11:48 CEST 2014

Hello all,

Not sure if I've actually posted on this list yet (but I do already know some of you off-list and I'm editing a special edition of the Journal of Peer Production - so plenty of overlap!).

Anyway, myself and colleagues at Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne, Australia have been looking at practices of sharing and some of the legal barriers/hindrances to doing so, particularly in the context of the 3D printing community (one of the big barriers of course is intellectual property norms). Some of this feeds into discussions around digital labo(u)r - esp since these sharing norms have been co-opted by big corps which monetise them...

If you'd be interested in my/our involvement, let me know.

Angela

________________________________
From: p2p-foundation-bounces at lists.ourproject.org <p2p-foundation-bounces at lists.ourproject.org> on behalf of Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net>
Sent: 20 May 2014 05:44
To: Primavera De Filippi
Cc: P2P-F Community Dev; p2p-foundation; james burke; Daniel Araya; Trebor Scholz
Subject: Re: [P2P-F] [berkmanfriends] looking for academics studying the "Sharing Economy"

ok, happy to endorse your excellent work,

Michel

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 11:40 PM, Primavera De Filippi <pdefilippi at gmail.com<mailto:pdefilippi at gmail.com>> wrote:
I will draft the 2 pages document and share it with you, support probably just means "endorsement" at this point  ;)
but sure, I'd be happy to help out with the labor-oriented research as well, to the extent that it is compatible with the work I'm doing right now.. (which it partially is)