[P2P-F] [berkmanfriends] looking for academics studying the "Sharing Economy"

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue May 20 06:36:53 CEST 2014

dear primavera,

let us know how you want to see this support materialized!

just in case your approach would be compatible with the labor-oriented
research I just outlined, would you be interested in joining them ?

Michel

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 11:30 PM, Primavera De Filippi <pdefilippi at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I'm planning to apply for a proposed scheme of CBPP-value indicator based
> on a cryptocurrency-like mechanism (Michel, I already described this to
> you, albeit in a very preliminary fashion, in another email thread). The
> idea is to create a universal (or not-so universal) denominator of value
> produced within different CBPP platforms, in order to facilitate
> productivity-assessment and comparison among these different platforms, as
> well as to provide a tool that would act as an interface between the CBPP
> (non-market) ecosystem and the commercial (market) system.
> I am working on this concept together with Isaac Mao (Social Brain
> Foundation) and a few other interested folks, it would be really great to
> have the P2P-F support this as well.
>

> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM, Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net
> > wrote:
>
>> This seems like a project that would be ideal for a p2p-f supported
>> consortium,
>>
>> I would focus this one on labor issues,
>>
>> let me know if anyone is interested,
>>
>> orsan / phoebe / trebor: any interest in working with us on this ?
>>
>> I would be interested in adding a part on studying the potential of
>> counter-economies in the vein of the proposals that we have been
>> circulating ; and on the emerging p2p solidarity mechanisms that could
>> improve the conditions of labor in this context
>>
>> here is my key proposal: 1) what effect is the sharing economy having on
>> labor and work 2) can we imagine new solidarity mechanisms to re-balance
>> the negative effects 3) can we re-imagine a new type of economic logic that
>> would altogether transcend the structural problems caused to labor by the
>> for-profit sharing economy
>>

>> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 7:26 PM, Primavera De Filippi <
>> pdefilippi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> FYI

>>> Prof. Sean Munson, University of Washington, Human Centered Design &
>>> Engineering.
>>> Prof. Aaron Shaw, Northwestern University, School of Communication.

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/