[P2P-F] Fwd: [Networkedlabour] networked collaboration for the workshop in Berlin

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon May 19 16:09:59 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Örsan Şenalp <orsan1234 at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, May 19, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Subject: [Networkedlabour] networked collaboration for the workshop in
Berlin
To: "networkedlabour at lists.contrast.org" <networkedlabour at lists.contrast.org

Below is the text from titanpad we use to collaborate to prepare the
content of the 'digital labour organising workshop' in Berlin:

"TASKS
1. Content: Clear & short content - new organising (2.0), tools,
experiences, potential of onine remote exchange for training and
organising (via ON & BBB, livesgtreaming kind of tools)
2. Format: Clear & semi-formal format for smooth and productive
exchange among key experiences people
3. Technical: 'one click in' for BBB on USI, appratus/information
needed s and instructions -
email call to and practical info. for participants

1. Content:

Title:
Organizing Digital Labour and Digital Labour Organising Workshop

[LabourStart (http://LabourStart.org) 5th Global Solidarity Conference
(http://LabourStart.org/2014 ), Unions and Media - Track (6),
23-25 May, 2014 Berlin]

Theme:

The digitalising of the economies means major challenges for
workers and their unions globally. New ICTs create new structures and
new 'cyber-works' that allow the state and capital to reorganise
production, consumption, finance and politics alongside global
production commodity networks. As a result we are lose social and
labour rights that we won after giving long and painful democratic
struggles in the
centre and the periphery. Yet, the developments in the ICTs also bear
great potential for us when re-organising ourselves. The workshop
creates a space for fruitful practical and solution focused space to
exchange and work on impressive tools and tactics, core issues, main
problems and useful lessons on digital labour (self-)organising,
especially of the informal and precarious workers'. We invite key
labour activists, organiser and researchers who are engaged and
observing the most recent experiences, to share ideas and collaborate.

2. FORMAT

Short interventions from key persons in addressing the core issues in
relevant topic.

(5. min max for all interventions )
Opening, welcome and the solution focused framework - Orsan

Facts and figures of digital labour:

Vincent Mosco (tbc) - Knowledge workers and union density?

Trebor Schulz (tbc) - Exploitation of the digital labour, what does it
means for unions?

Johan Soderberg (tbc) - Digitalisation an computerisation and workers?

Christian Fusch (tbc) - Virtual work and

Digital tools and union work

Duck Zwart: using digital tools for local union work

Jack Bos and Irena Marmelstain (FNV Bondgenoten): how we use social
media tools for daily union work at national level?

Walton Patland (Union Solidarity International - USI and Cyberunions)
- Ways and Hows of labour internationalism with digital tools

Stephan Mahood (May First / Peoples Link and Cyberiunions)

Peter Hall Jones (NUN):

Derek Blackedder (LabourStart): facebook and the problems with
corporate social media?

Umar Karatepe, Kivanc Eliacik (DISK): Gezi, labour, social media

Mark Dilley - Wikis and Unions

Informal & digital labour/grassroots organising

Pat Horn (Street.Net): problems with international informal labour
organising

Sarah Horowitz (Freelancers Union, USA)

Kati Sipp (Hack the Union, USA)

Dave Hollis (NetzwerkIT, UK/Gr): How to organize safly using digital
communication tools ?

Onder Ozdemir (LabourNet, CapulTV Turkey)

Steve Zeltzer (LabourTech, USA)

Vlad (Global Revolution) and Mehmet (NaberMedya)

TO BE ADDED:

OWS-Labour Workgroup / 99 Picket Lines  …

? - China Labour Bulletin

? - Sacom

***** developing questions and proposals for intervenes:

Which issues and questions to address to be able to contribute actual
struggles and resistances: "

comments are more then welcome. now have to configure short 'to the
point questions' for the identified people and communicate/invite them
in person. In case you are one of those persons reading it on the
list, or you are close to one of them  personally, please feel free to
talk to them and invite. It may be
better to do it after, in case you need to, adding/modifying the
content and format.

Comrade Walton, of the USI, has created an cyber room for on the USI
website here:
https://usilive.org/
on the right hand columns, there is a box 'BigBlueButton'. The room
called 'digital labour'. here you just enter your name as user, and
'123' as password.

and we have also tutorial ready:
https://usilive.org/using-usi-web-conferencing-for-your-branch-meeting/

Hope you like and can contribute. The actual workshop will take place
on 9.30 am in Berlin. Here is the conference website:
http://www.labourstart.org/2014/

If there is anyone on the list planning to come already and would like
to help and join it is more than appreciated.

in global solidarity,
Orsan

*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/