[P2P-F] Fwd: Privacy Enhancing Technologies 2014

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu May 15 23:24:56 CEST 2014

hi Kevin, thanks for considering this for the blog,

From: Announcements of the Free Knowledge Institute <
fki-announce at lists.freeknowledge.eu>
Date: Thu, May 15, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Subject: Privacy Enhancing Technologies 2014
To: fki-announce at freeknowledge.eu

Dear all,

Usually we don't spam you about upcoming conferences, but this one is
organised by the FKI and, if I may say so, very interesting. Do join us!

Cheers,

        Hinde (General Chair PETS 2014)

   Privacy Enhancing Technology Symposium -  July 16-18, 2014
      Royal Tropical Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

The 14th Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium addresses the design
and realization of privacy services for the Internet and other data
systems and communication networks by bringing together anonymity and
privacy experts from around the world to discuss recent advances and
new perspectives. Additional information about the conference can be
found at http://petsymposium.org/2014.

*Registration is open* at
https://www.petsymposium.org/2014/registration.php, travel information
can be found here: https://www.petsymposium.org/2014/travel.php,
including information for Visa application.

*Important dates*:
Early bird registration: until June 24th
Hotel special rates: until May 30th

The conference will be a 3-day event featuring technical presentations
of papers, judged based on their quality and relevance through
double-blind reviewing. The Symposium will include an invited talk by
Martin Ortlieb (Google Zurich) and the rest of the program can be
found here: https://www.petsymposium.org/2014/program.php

The third day of the symposium will be devoted to HotPETs: the
hottest, most exciting research ideas still in a formative state. The
program for HotPETs includes an invited talk by William Binney, former
intelligence official with the United States National Security Agency,
and specialized talks on hot topics related to privacy. The program
will be announced here: https://www.petsymposium.org/2014/hotpets.php

PETS will be collocated with the GenoPri Workshop
(https://genomeprivacy.org/workshop) that will take place on July
15th. The event will explore the privacy issues raised by genomics and
the main envisioned solutions. It will include a keynote and a
tutorial on genomics for computer scientists.

PETS 2014 is organized by the Free Knowledge Institute and sponsored
by Google, Silent Circle, Microsoft, and the Privacy and Identity Lab.

- --

Hinde ten Berge
IM/phone on request

Free Knowledge Institute | Unlocking the Knowledge Society
http://freeknowledge.eu/

Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium | July 16-18, 2014, AMS NL
http://petsymposium.org/2014/

Free Technology Academy | Online education about Free Software
http://ftacademy.org/

For more info: http://freeknowledge.eu

--
*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/