[P2P-F] Fwd: Cooperating for the Degrowth-Conference crowdfunding campaign

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu May 15 15:44:00 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steffen Lange <science at degrowth.de>
Date: Thu, May 15, 2014 at 6:49 AM
Subject: Cooperating for the Degrowth-Conference crowdfunding campaign
To: Steffen Lange <science at degrowth.de>

 Dear members of the advisory board,

The preparations for the Degrowth-Conference are running now in full swing.
To meet our costs, we are preparing for a so-called *crowdfunding* at the
moment. Crowdfunding means that we will launch an online campaign to
convince many small backers — the "crowd" — to fund a certain project (in
our case, the Degrowth Conference). The backers essentially give money to
support our conference and will receive in exchange something to say "thank
you", a so called "gooding". In order for this crowdfunding campaign to be
successful, we would like to ask for your support.

To our mind, a popular kind of gooding would be autographed books from you
as respected authors within the Degrowth community. *Hence, we would really
appreciate if you could provide us with some autographed copies of your
recent books (say, released in 2004 or later) for free*. The decision of
course is completely up to – every book you donate to us will help to
attract additional backers. In case you are willing to do so, please
contact crowdfunding at degrowth.de until 31st of May.

Of course, other things or deeds would present suitable goodings as well;
we are happy about any further recommendation you will make to us.

Postal address:
Konzeptwerk Neue Ökonomie e.V.
Klingenstr. 22
04229 Leipzig
Germany

Handing over goodings at the conference is possible, too. But in any case,
we would need a notification about it until end of May.

Many thanks in advance and best regards from Leipzig,

Steffen Lange

--
Steffen Lange
Coordinator scientific track

--
*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/