[P2P-F] Fwd: A New Phase of GTI

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu May 8 04:31:22 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Great Transition Initiative <gtibulletin at greattransition.org>
Date: Wed, May 7, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Subject: A New Phase of GTI
To: michel at p2pfoundation.net

        Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
<http://greattransition.org/index.php?subid=16850&option=com_acymailing&ctrl=url&urlid=1&mailid=11>
View in browser<http://greattransition.org/index.php?option=com_acymailing&ctrl=archive&task=view&mailid=11&key=74c86ff2bc8a4ea46edcd9a0b78a9b3d&subid=16850-9c734e00fa184cfcb1d4317ea4801e82&tmpl=component&acm=16850_11>

<http://greattransition.org/index.php?subid=16850&option=com_acymailing&ctrl=url&urlid=2&mailid=11>

*A New Phase of GTI*

We are pleased to announce the launch of our new website,
www.greattransition.org<http://greattransition.org/index.php?subid=16850&option=com_acymailing&ctrl=url&urlid=2&mailid=11>.
For more than a decade, the Great Transition Initiative has advanced a
visionary scenario of a future rooted in human solidarity, well-being for
all, and ecological sustainability. Now, we enter a new phase of this work
with renewed energy and, in this time of deepening peril, a heightened
sense of urgency.

Our reimagined website serves as a platform for examining global conditions
and prospects, and for exploring bold visions and change strategies. It
features:

   - An *open-access journal of ideas* publishing new essays, book reviews,
   and interviews.
   - A *MacroScope* highlighting current developments that carry long-term
   global significance.
   - *Educational material* such as videos, an overview of critical ideas,
   and archival literature.
   - A *GT Network Space* for those wishing to be more engaged.

 We hope you will find GTI to be a unique and valuable resource for
understanding our present moment and shaping our collective future.

Looking forward,

Paul Raskin

GTI Director

*Current Publications*

Limits to Investment: Finance in the
Anthropocene<http://greattransition.org/document/limits-to-investment?acm=16850_11>
*John Fullerton*
    <http://greattransition.org/document/limits-to-investment?acm=16850_11>

We are not only in ecological overshoot, but "financial overshoot" as well.
The time has come to reimagine the system.

Featuring commentary from Gar Alperovitz, Marjorie Kelly, Herman Daly, and
Hunter Lovins, and a response from the author

The Commons as a Template for
Transformation<http://greattransition.org/document/the-commons-as-a-template-for-transformation?acm=16850_11>
*David Bollier*

<http://greattransition.org/document/the-commons-as-a-template-for-transformation?acm=16850_11>By
helping diverse communities bypass dysfunctional government and predatory
markets, the commons approach can serve a key strategic role in the
transition to an alternative system.

Featuring commentary from Arthur Dahl, Liisa Horelli, Ashish Kothari, James
Quilligan, and Wolfgang Sachs, and a response from the author