[P2P-F] Fwd: food security for all; real food from the backyard, schoolyard & neighbourhood

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Sun May 4 17:24:13 CEST 2014

This is a great last-resort until we can finally learn how to share the
sources of production for our own, mutual benefit.

Since we still do not know how to share, we must do everything in solitary
confinement or expose ourselves to domination by others.

Individual production is fun for what it can achieve, but cannot fully
compete with Capitalism because it lacks economy of scale.

Some say Farmer's Markets and CSAs solve this problem, but the prices are
so high that most people cannot afford those luxuries.

How is it that products are nearly free when working in isolation, but
become inaccessible when grouping together with others?

I would think the price should be even lower, since we could then enjoy
economy of scale.

But another part of the problem is the debt held over the farmers - such
that they must charge high prices to pay interest, but never become rich
themselves.

A crowd of middle-income consumers could probably collectively fund the
buyout of a farm and so stop paying this usurous tribute.

Crowd funding allows us to evade interest, and crowd ownership will allow
us to evade profit.

By crowd ownership I mean the crowd can own the means of production for the
products they predict they will need, and accept those products directly as
a return for the risk of investment.

In such a scenario, the product is not sold, and so the price they pay as
consumers is exactly the costs they paid as owners, and profit does not
exist.

Sincerely,
Patrick Anderson