[P2P-F] Fwd: [members] Collaboration possibilities between OVN platform and P2Pvalue platform

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Mar 24 15:02:05 CET 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ignasi Capdevila <ignasi.capdevila at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Subject: [members] Collaboration possibilities between OVN platform and
P2Pvalue platform
To: P2PValue Project Members List <members at lists.p2pvalue.eu>
Cc: Lynn Foster <foster.j.lynn at gmail.com>, Bob Haugen <bob.haugen at gmail.com>,
Tiberius Brastaviceanu <tiberius.brastaviceanu at gmail.com>, Ishan Shapiro <
ishanshapiro at gmail.com>, Yasir Siddiqui <yasir.siddiqui at gmail.com>

Dear all,

Few weeks ago, we had a conference call with some of the members of
Sensorica.
Sensorica defines themselves as: "an Open Value Network (OVN) of
multidisciplinary professionals, amateurs and affiliated research labs,
providing sensing and automation solutions" (source:
http://www.sensorica.co/)

Sensorica is a very interesting example of CBPP community (and open
business model) specially because they are deeply involved in the
implementation of an Open Value Network platform. Quickly explained, the
goal of this platform is to compile the value created by each participant
to later distribute the captured value (once the collaborative output is
sold) equitably among the contributors, depending on their degree of
implication (their theoretical work behind the OVNs is here:
http://valuenetwork.referata.com/wiki/Main_Page)

The main programmers of the OVN platform are Bob Haugen and Lynn Foster
(both in CC). It is still in development, but some CBPP (like Sensorica or
the Guerilla Media Collective - http://guerrillatranslation.com/ -) have
already started to test it.

As I have already discussed with some of you, I think that the P2Pvalue
platform and the OVN platform have points in common that would be good to
analyze together, even though the scope of the OVN might go beyond the
P2Pvalue project.

To study the collaboration possibilities between the two collaborative
platforms (P2Pvalue & OVN platform), I propose to do a Google Hangout
between members of both teams this week or next one.

Please, if interested in participating, please fill in your availability in
this Doodle:
http://doodle.com/qg3dw6qmrtsgi8u8

Other info:

The audio of the Google Hangout that we had with Sensorica is here (2-hour
long):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UszIn_Vh_xw&feature=share

And the full transcript of that meeting here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bF6L8r5_5Fv6BJ5-7iMK9Nn8DzOQavDNp9HuN0zSo0c/edit

Best regards,
Ignasi

--
*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/