[P2P-F] Fwd: Paracity Article

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 17:34:09 CET 2014

I guess Matias ( and co ? ) may be on this list too.

I vaguely remember some similar kind of approach he studied for Mumbai
informal settlements,
some kind of scaffolding approach ?

I also remember Eric Hunting sharing, in some past conversations, links to
a ( japanese ? ) assembly system ? ( sorry for being vague, links get lost
in volume of information )

///

A Paper by Matias Echanove

http://www.mmg.mpg.de/fileadmin/user_upload/documents/wp/WP_13-13_Echanove.pdf

*This essay looks at the theoretical meaning and practical implications of
a much used and abused notion in urban planning and development circles,
that of 'informal** settlements'.*

more :

http://urbz.net/

http://urbanology.org/

///

Also, regarding construction with ( pre fabricated ) modules, since
plumbing is being mentioned, although more traditional / centralized / less
participative ,
I noticed
http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/archive/2013/02/features/high-speed-high-rise