[P2P-F] Fwd: [Networkedlabour] Live from Int. whistleblowers conference Amsterdam

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Jun 18 20:06:25 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Orsan Senalp <orsan1234 at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 5:38 AM
Subject: [Networkedlabour] Live from Int. whistleblowers conference
Amsterdam
To: networkedlabour at lists.contrast.org

A bit late but interesting event taking place in Amsterdam, possible to
watch some speeches via livestreaming link below.

Orsan

Click here <http://portal.livestreams.nu/iwc14> to watch the conference
online

http://portal.livestreams.nu/iwc14

On 18 June 2014, Pakhuis de Zwijger in Amsterdam will serve as the venue
for the International Whistleblowers Conference 2014. During this
conference, we will be combining a wide range of legal, technological and
media perspectives to arrive at new approaches, strategies and concrete
solutions to protect whistleblowers.

Are the media able – and willing – to protect their sources in the
information age? How do national laws relate to European legislation and
international agreements, and can they effectively shield whistleblowers
against reprisals? Which technological solutions and alternative channels
are currently available? These and other questions will be examined by a
host of experts and professionals during a day full of interesting
workshops and debates. In the evening, we will zoom in on the most
prominent whistleblowing case of recent years – Edward Snowden’s
disclosures about global surveillance – and the consequences of his
revelations at the national and international level.

The International Whistleblowers Conference 2014 is organised by Network
Democracy, Free Press Unlimited and the Netherlands Whistleblower Advice
Centre, in partnership with the Whistleblowing International Network (WIN)
and the Hermes Centre for Transparency and Human Rights.

*Day programme: Keynotes, presentations and workshops*

10:15 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Opening keynote: Annie Machon (MI5 whistleblower)

Presentation: Farid Tabarki. Workshops with Fabio Pietrosanti (GlobaLeaks),
Diana Schemo (100Reporters), Dmytro Gnap (YanukovychLeaks), Andrea Crosta
(WildLeaks), John Devitt (TI Ireland), Guido Strack (Whistleblower Network
Germany), Pieter Omtzigt (CDA), Anna Myers (WIN), Axel Arnbak and many
others.

*Evening programme: One Year after Snowden – What have we learned?*

8 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Keynote:Hans-Martin Tillack (STERN magazine)

With: Alison Glick (GAP), Yves Eudes (Le Monde), Garrett Robinson
(SecureDrop) and many others. Presentation: Teun Gautier.

Admission to both the day and evening programmes is free.

For further information about the event or to register (anonymous), please
visitwww.dezwijger.nl/whistleblowers
<http://www.dezwijger.nl/whistleblowers>

*Wednesday, 18 June 2014*

Pakhuis de Zwijger

Piet Heinkade 181 K

1019 HC Amsterdam

*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/