[P2P-F] Fwd: Borrowing Bright Ideas From All Over-- my latest work

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Jun 17 19:04:12 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jay Walljasper <jay at jaywalljasper.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Subject: Borrowing Bright Ideas From All Over-- my latest work
To: Jay Walljasper <jay at jaywalljasper.com>

 Dear Friends and Colleagues:

 Over the past year, I wrote a series of four reports for the McKnight
Foundation based on original research about how cities can become thriving,
sustainable, enjoyable places for all.  My specific focus is the
Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan region, where McKnight is based, but
the *bright
ideas and success stories* I turned up could work anywhere.

 27 Bright Ideas to Steal from the Rest of the World
<http://www.mcknight.org/system/asset/document/475/FFT_Nov2013.pdf>

 <http://www.mcknight.org/system/asset/document/551/FFT_May2014_FINAL.pdf>

What We Can Learn About Urban Success from Seattle, Denver & Toronto
<http://www.mcknight.org/system/asset/document/551/FFT_May2014_FINAL.pdf>

 Mary Tyler Moore Doesn’t Live Here Anymore
<http://www.mcknight.org/system/asset/document/395/FFT_07_2013FINAL.pdf>

 A River Runs Through Us
<http://www.mcknight.org/system/asset/document/514/FFT_Mississippi_FINAL.pdf>

 This is just one of the exciting projects I’ve worked on recently.  *I’m
chronicling the emergence of the walking movement* for America Walks,
Kaiser Permanente and the Everybody Walk Collaborative.

 Walking as a Way of Life
<http://everybodywalk.org/media_assets/WalkingAsAWayOfLife1_Final.pdf>

 I’ve also been fortunate enough to *write and consult about the future of
our communities* for People for Bikes, On the Commons, the St. Paul
Riverfront Corporation, Fresh Energy, Project for Public Spaces, the Will
Steger Wilderness Center and Friends of the Mississippi River.  My work has
appeared *Yes! magazine, Utne Reader, Notre Dame magazine, Huffington Post,
Common Dreams, Des Moines Register, MinnPost, Planetizen, Commons
magazine *(which
I edit)  and many other publications.  I *spoke to a number of groups*
including the Sidore Lecture at Keene State College (NH), the Kansas
Outdoor Summit, the Greater Des Moines Neighborhood Conference and the Road
Scholars program.

 I continue to seek *opportunities to write, consult and speak*. I look
forward to hearing from you at jay at jaywalljasper.com or 612.822.1104.

 Best, Jay

www.JayWalljasper.com

--
*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/