[P2P-F] Fwd: [Networkedlabour] Fwd: [transcollab] Berlin towards Turin - Invitation/Info

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Jun 15 23:24:40 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Orsan Senalp <orsan1234 at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Subject: [Networkedlabour] Fwd: [transcollab] Berlin towards Turin -
Invitation/Info
To: networkedlabour at lists.contrast.org

Invitation to an Interesting event in Berlin and launch of 'The European
Commune'.
Orsan

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* "Sola K." <sosolasola at gmail.com>
*Date:* 14 Jun 2014 14:49:38 GMT+2
*To:* "transcollab at lists.so36.net" <transcollab at lists.so36.net>
*Subject:* *[transcollab] Berlin towards Turin - Invitation/Info*
*Reply-To:* transcollab at lists.so36.net

Dear all,

During the coming week several events are being held in Berlin to work
towards Turin and beyond. This is an invitation to all to take part!

On Thursday, June 19, we will kick-off at 16h with a discussion at Free
University of Berlin (organized by various student groups): *THEY DON'T
CARE ABOUT US: Precarity, Youth Unemployment and Protest in Europe*
<https://www.facebook.com/events/308022606024001/?ref=22>, together with
speakers from DinamoPress, Fundación de los Comunes (invited), Global
Project, and Interventionistische Linke:

On Saturday, June 20, the* International Coordinating Meeting of the
Blockupy coalition* will take place from 11-17h (invitation copied below),
which will include an international evaluation of May of Solidarity,
discussion about Turin and planning towards the Day X mobilization to the
"Non-Opening" of the new ECB tower in Frankfurt.

In the evening on Saturday, the *Launch Discussion of "The Commune of
Europe <http://www.thecommuneofeurope.org/>"* text will take place,
together with comrades from Krytyka Polityczna, DinamoPress, Beyond Europe
(Ums Ganze and Alpha Kappa), Fundación de los Comunes (invited), Allt åt
alla, and interventionistische Linke - and hopefully many others:
https://www.facebook.com/events/286151601563955/

If anyone wishes to join and needs a place to stay in Berlin, we can of
course organize it.

Also, hopefully the opportunity created by the fact that many people will
be in Berlin during this time can also be used to discuss the very welcome
developments towards a possible next Agora99 in Istanbul - as well as to
create stronger links between plans for a next Agora99 and other
events/mobilizations/activities in the meantime, including Blockupy and
Turin.

We look forward to seeing many of you.

In solidarity,
Kelly

  *Invitation to the 3rd European wide coordinating meeting for Blockupy
2014 *

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Mehringhof, Gneisenaustr. 2a,
Berlin-Kreuzberg

(in the 2nd backyard, closest subways: U7 or U6 at Mehringdamm, see also:
http://www.mehringhof.de/ or
http://www.berlin.de/stadtplan/?ADR_ZIP=10961&ADR_CITY=Berlin&ADR_STREET=Gneisenaustr.&ADR_HOUS
E=2A&ADR_INFO=Mehringhof+-+Versammlungsraum&show
<http://www.berlin.de/stadtplan/?ADR_ZIP=10961&ADR_CITY=Berlin&ADR_STREET=Gneisenaustr.&ADR_HOUSE=2A&ADR_INFO=Mehringhof+-+Versammlungsraum&show>=)

Dear All,

the “May of Solidarity” is over with actions, marches, assemblies in many
European cities and regions. With “May of Solidarity” we made a crucial
step for connecting networks and movements – not only because we succeeded
in linking various social struggles under a common call, we also succeeded
in developing new threads for common action in different location. And, we
shouldn’t forget about this, we came to that agreement of de-/ centralized
European Action Days before the European elections different movement
conventions across Europe.

While “May of Solidarity” can stand in its own right (see the final
statement at www.mayofsolidarity.org), we also saw and see it as step for
building a movement of movements, for transnationalizing our efforts and
alliances for building a transnational space of action with common goals,
locations, mobilizations. With this upcoming meeting of the “European wide
coordination meeting for Blockupy 2014” on June 21st in Berlin we wish to

   -

   develop and decide on our next steps + mobilizations
   -

   evaluate how we function as an alliance and in building a European-wide
   coordinating

   structure
   -

   elaborate on our political threads through indepth debate
   -

   think through the next practical meeting points on the streets (as
   Torino...) and prepare for an European

   wide mobilization to “Day X” to disturb the ECB opening in fall in
   Frankfurt.

   It is time to evaluate how we’ve done so far and to get serious with
   next common plans. It is necessary to coordinate our collectives, networks,
   struggles and movements in as concrete ways as possible – and to meet
   physically for that for a day. Potentially this coordination shall somehow
   be able to represent our struggles and make it bigger. We want to
   coordinate and for a movement of movements in construction, we need to
   network and build up common plans and actions.

   Thus, this next Blockupy 2014 coordinating meeting to Berlin, June 21st from
   11 a.m. to 5.p.m. However, if you can’t make it to Berlin, please join us
   via web-conference from 12 to 2 p.m with inputs for the political
   evaluation.
   -

       Please let us know in advance whether you or your network wants to
      particpate in the web-conference, you’ll get the instructions then.
      -

       If you plan on coming, please let us know, also whether you need
      solidarity accomodation (until June 15th)
      -

       And whether you will be in Berlin or join us in the web-conference,
      please prepare with questions,

      evalutions, topics from your networks
      -

       There will be a public discussion on “The commune of Europe” (
      http://www.thecommuneofeurope.org/)

      organized by GP and iL Saturday night, it might be worthwhile to stay
      overnight! Details will follow soon.

      For all questions/answers please write to
      international at blockupy-frankfurt.org and/or send an email to the
      international Blockupy mailing list at
      international at blockupy-frankfurt.info (to subscribe, send an empty
      email to international-subscribe at blockupy.frankfurt.info). Share your
      information, views, energy and participate in the next meeting physically
      or virtually to coordinate our “Blockupy 2014 and Beyond” efforts!

      We are looking forward to a productive, lively meeting; in
      solidarity,

      Corinna (on behalf of the Blockupy International group)

   Agenda for the meeting, June 21st from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. => Comments,
critique, and additions etc. are always welcome!

1. 11to11.45a.m.
Welcome and Round of Introduction by and for everybody

   -

   Why are we here, what is the objective of the meeting, revising the
   agenda, how do we understand this open coordinating process for “Blockupy
   2014 and Beyond”, where do we want to go with that?
   -

   Update on the Blockupy process in Germany: news, plans for the fall so
   far (yet, without the date of the ECB openng), transantional conference,
   alliance process, context in Germany and Frankfurt etc.
   -

   Updates from the networks (including Torino)

   1.

   12to2p.m.(inweb-conference)
   Political evaluation of May of Solidarity, our net/work, process
   (political reflection and evalution of our work and how we functioned as
   an alliance and as initiator of a new process?)

   o What worked and what didn't?
   o What was and is our common idea of the project? How do we see the
   network and the

   process?
   o How do we see “Blockupy” in fall and how can we move beyond Blockupy
   but still keep the

   network? What about “mobilizations” (as Torino or others) in between?
   => There will and should be brief inputs to get inot the discussion
   (Eleonora + Eberhard)
   => everybody should prepare crucial questions, points for evaluation,
   also those who particpate through the web-conference

   LUNCH BREAK (2 p.m. to 2.45 p.m.)
   2.

   2.45p.m.to4.15p.m.
   How are we going to work together – what are common tasks and the next
   steps – how are we going to organize the work?

   -

   How do we decide on common mobilizations and what does this mean, how to
   work out common political threads
   -

   How to reach beyond our immidiate networks – building links, what
   conventions are there to got to, how to develop “mobilization material”
   (poster, flyers, website, calls ....)
   -

   How to continue building the website, press, social media – how to find
   a common presentation for our efforts and brainstorming for a common call
   for the fall

4. 4.15p.m.to5.p.m.
Wrapping up and last agreements

   -

   Next and broader meeting in September
   -

   A common call for the fall
   -

   Final decision on Torino (in terms of Blockupy
   International/call/mobilization, letter of support ....)
   -

   How to keep working together: Conference calls, mumbles, work groups
   (press, social media etc.)
   -

   How to build cooperation with other networks, how to draw in more
   networks/groups/initiatives in our

   already established network/structure
   -

   Miscellaneous

*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/