[P2P-F] Fwd: [commoning] Wikipedia Barn Raising July 19, focusing on Open Education (Online + Oakland, California)

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Jul 14 05:46:40 CEST 2014

dear Kevin

can you announce this on our p2p list ?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mike Linksvayer <ml at gondwanaland.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 4:17 AM
Subject: [commoning] Wikipedia Barn Raising July 19, focusing on Open
Education (Online + Oakland, California)
To: commoning <commoning at listen.jpberlin.de>

Six months ago there was a fascinating thread on this list subject:
"The Co-operative University" and I recall thinking that most of what
was discussed was inadequately represented or totally absent from
Wikipedia.

I'm helping with an event in six days (info below) to improve articles
related to open education on Wikipedia. It would be great to have some
participants with knowledge of "education as a commons" citations and
concepts, to improve existing articles or create new ones.

(It seems http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Education will be very
useful to draw from. Thank you Michel Bauwens and everyone who has
contributed to that compendium over the years!)

Mike

Please join us for a "Wikipedia Barn Raising" event focusing on Open
Educational Resources (OER). The Barn Raising will happen on Saturday
July 19th, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Pacific Time (1800-2300 UTC), at the
Oakland Impact Hub, at 2323 Broadway (near the 19th St. BART station)
and online. Lunch and refreshments will be provided at Oakland Impact
Hub.

Since 2012, we've been working to strengthen Wikipedia's coverage of
OER and related topics. We've worked to build an international
community around this goal at conferences, through our online "Writing
Wikipedia Articles" (WIKISOO) course, and through the formation of
WikiProject Open.

At the Barn Raising, we will focus on improving high-priority
Wikipedia articles, and consider ways to strengthen WikiProject Open
as a resource for staying connected, learning, and working together.
We'll also welcome online participants from around the world, with
collaboration tools and scheduled video check-ins.

Registration:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RgXfFfjo0Zjd1nu1NAX-cDQPmWa8-GWvt59n87JwDvQ/viewform

Event page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Open_Barn_Raising_2014

We hope to see you there, online or in person!
JPBerlin - Politischer Provider
commoning at listen.jpberlin.de

*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/