[P2P-F] Fwd: [opennetcoalition] We Want You to Help La Quadrature du Net!

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Jul 11 07:21:59 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: La Quadrature du Net <contact at laquadrature.net>
Date: Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Subject: [opennetcoalition] We Want You to Help La Quadrature du Net!
To: opennetcoalition at laquadrature.net

Themes: SUPPORT LA QUADRATURE DU NET, DATALOVE

La Quadrature du Net – For immediate release

Permanent link:
https://www.laquadrature.net/en/we-want-you-to-help-la-quadrature-du-net

We Want You to Help La Quadrature du Net!

*** Paris, 26 June 2014 — La Quadrature du Net is launching a new support
campaign to finance its work and campaigns. ***

Dear friends and supporters of La Quadrature du Net,

Once again, we are calling for your financial support [1] to help La
Quadrature du Net do its work. This support is crucial: it is thanks to you
that we can strive for:
    - A real protection of Net Neutrality [2] and non-discrimination of
data;
    - The protection of privacy [3] against the surveillance of governments
and corporations;
    - The adaptation of copyright [4] to current cultural practices and the
legalisation of non-commercial sharing of digital works among individuals;
    - Freedom of expression [5] against censorship;
    - The exclusion of clauses that jeopardise our fundamental rights from
international agreements [6] (TAFTA, CETA, TISA, ACTA, etc);
    - The involvement [7] of everyone in the democratic life and the public
debate;
    - The defense of the Internet that we love and that respects us <3

La Quadrature du Net aims to develop citizen awareness and empowerement. We
do not want to be fighting for you from afar but we want to fight all
together for all of us by involving [8] you at the heart of our campaigns
and projects.

This is why any way you support La Quadrature du Net is essential, whether
it's financial, moral, active, volunteer, or on a daily-basis.

That's why we are counting on you and continued support and donations. This
past year has shown us that, more than ever, (citizen) mobilisation is
crucial to protect and extend our liberties: against the massive and global
surveillance carried out without any legal framework revealed by Edward
Snowden (in France, the military program law voted in December works
towards legalising such surveillance), with crucial stakes in the legal
definition of Net neutrality at the European level, against the numerous
attempts to extend private censorship, against the dispositions concerning
our fundamental rights from international agreements such as TAFTA, CETA
and the EU data retention directive, we must be vigilant and work as hard
as possible with as many tools and means possible.

We are counting on you to help us keep on working to protect fundamental
freedoms on the Internet and to help raise awareness and get those around
you to join us.

<3

Philippe Aigrain, Benjamin Bayart, Jean Cattan, Laurent Chemla, Lionel
Maurel, Benjamin Sonntag, Félix Tréguer, Laurence Vandewalle & Jérémie
Zimmermann, co-founders and members of the strategic orientation committee,
and La Quadrature du Net's daily operational team.

* References *

1. https://support.laquadrature.net/

2. https://support.laquadrature.net/#action-1

3. https://support.laquadrature.net/#action-2

4. https://support.laquadrature.net/#action-3

5. https://support.laquadrature.net/#action-4

6. https://support.laquadrature.net/#action-5

7. https://support.laquadrature.net/#action-6

8. https://www.laquadrature.net/en/how-to-participate

** About La Quadrature du Net **

La Quadrature du Net is an advocacy group that defends the rights and
freedoms of citizens on the Internet. More specifically, it advocates for
the adaptation of French and European legislations to respect the founding
principles of the Internet, most notably the free circulation of knowledge.

In addition to its advocacy work, the group also aims to foster a better
understanding of legislative processes among citizens. Through specific and
pertinent information and tools, La Quadrature du Net hopes to encourage
citizens' participation in the public debate on rights and freedoms in the
digital age.

La Quadrature du Net is supported by French, European and international
NGOs including the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the Open Society
Institute and Privacy International.

List of supporting organisations:
https://www.laquadrature.net/en/they-support-la-quadrature-du-net

** Press contact and press room **

contact at laquadrature.net, +33 (0)972 294 426

https://www.laquadrature.net/en/press-room

*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/