[P2P-F] an evaluation of the flok

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 16:57:27 CEST 2014

Am 06/07/2014 08:24, schrieb Orsan:
"I think the conscious act of transforming network into meshwork (read
p2p distributed) by creating all possibilities for all the noses to link
up each other, as will as the core information related to that network
(this I got form michel's 2005 seminal article on p2p), as well as
spaces, and channels that would generate more interlocking nodes between
many meshwork (acting kind of as the fellowship of the ring) is emerging
as the new ethics and politics in the network movements. The direction
taken is clearly towards the creation of a big global meshwork. Unity
and convergence makes a new sense in this new paradigmatic multi layer
matrix, from inner to individual, to inter personal and community
levels, recognising the simultaneous situations of autonomy and oneness
in any given time and space location."

Dear Orsan,

you start correct. mesh network as a P2P distributed network. But then
you lost the way.

"Unity and convergence makes a new sense in this new paradigmatic multi
layer matrix, ...". This is a very different thing. In our horizontally
distributed network, based on the full connection of the elements, we
have no "layer matrix", because this is a concept of vertical
hierarchical systems.

We have to be clear in the using of our terms. Based on this principles
i wrote my proposals for NetMundial and www.1net.org. In the archive of
this list i found this mails.

The basic step for that is the strong horizontal structure based on the
local independent networks with her geografical position as the IP
adress. This is the more technical view. But we have to be clear:
without the technical definition based on our philosophical principles
we never come to our P2P distributed network.

Our communication system, The InterNet, "the Inter-connection of local
Net-works", is only oriented to the IP packet transport. All others can
the people define self. The coding and decoding, the streaming process,
the encryption. We transport the IP packet neutral. Only the physical
difference, asynchron or synchron, we use.

This is a totally flat distributed system and this also means the term
P2P. Following of this clear princip we never can use any hierarchical
methods in our basic network. Over that, on the application level, the
people can do what the want. But this is a virtual layer and his
definition depend of the people self.

many greetings, willi
now: Medellin, Colombia