[P2P-F] [commoning] The Co-operative University (Hoeschele, Wolfgang) (Hoeschele, Wolfgang)

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 17:48:30 CET 2014

Dante, see my response below:

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 6:17 AM, Dante-Gabryell Monson
<dante.monson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Michel , ( cc: p2pf list - this post coming initially from commoning list
> )

(snip)

> With commons, imho, being a tool that enables such distributed paradigm...
> ( vs imposed dependencies using artificial scarcity to maintain specific
> control )
>
> I can understand how one would want to use resources currently available
> through a "State" power arrangement, especially if one has access to it, to
> support distributed and commons approaches.   Now the question I have, also
> based on another recent thread on Michel's fb (
> https://www.facebook.com/mbauwens/posts/10153639014410548 ) , is :
>
> do Michel, and other people on this "commoning" list ( and p2pfoundation
> list, which I add in cc )
>
> still actively support or believe in supporting a reduction on centralized
> dependencies , co-creating towards more viable distributed approaches,
> even if both co-exist ?
>
> Or did some people on these list, since I started interacting with some of
> you over the last years, give up on such vision ?

I don't support wholesale change to any particular approach. The
primary reason I do not is that it will never happen in reality.
Because our world is complex adaptive, even if you succeed in making
such a change in the short term, the system itself will adapt as is
appropriate for unique local conditions, and become something other
than what you planned for, or theorized would be better or best.

So, I temper my vision with what we can know from complex systems science.