No subject

Mon Feb 24 11:40:14 CET 2014

"The Internet is a wonderful leveller. But democracy requires a great deal
more than mere 'levelling'. Primarily,* it requires political institutions
that enable the economically weak to have a decisive say on policy against
the interests of the rich and powerful." *

"Citizenship (including formal liberties) is distributed liberally to all
citizens... but its reach is confined to a small political sphere; a sphere
which is increasingly losing out to a separate economic sphere where all
the capacities to change people's lives (for better or for worse)
congregate but where citizenship is irrelevant."

*Tom Crowl*
http://CulturalEngineer.blogspot.com

--
*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/

--001a113436f0918eb904f301b973

 dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:culturalengineer at gmail.com">culturalengi=
Date: Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 11:00 AM<br>Subject: Re: [projectvrm] One-click =
micro payments, membership monopoly, monied &quot;like&quot; button<br>To: =
m</a>&gt;, Peter Cranstone &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:peter.cranstone at 3pmobile.c=
om">peter.cranstone at 3pmobile.com</a>&gt;, Dan Blum &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:da=
n at respectnetwork.net">dan at respectnetwork.net</a>&gt;, ProjectVRM list &lt;<=
a href=3D"mailto:projectvrm at eon.law.harvard.edu">projectvrm at eon.law.harvard=
.edu</a>&gt;, Michel Bauwens &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:michel at p2pfoundation.net=
">michel at p2pfoundation.net</a>&gt;, John S James &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jj at r=
eplicounts.org">jj at replicounts.org</a>&gt;, Kevin Cox &lt;<a href=3D"mailto=
:kevin.cox at edentiti.com">kevin.cox at edentiti.com</a>&gt;, David Brin &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:davidbrin at sbcglobal.net">davidbrin at sbcglobal.net</a>&gt;, Do=
uglas Rushkoff &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rushkoff at gmail.com">rushkoff at gmail.com=
</a>&gt;<br>
governance as well as its problems and pitfalls. In my opinion no VRM solut=
ion can take hold w/o addressing the declining power of citizenship.</b></d=
iv>
ratise-capitalism/" target=3D"_blank">http://yanisvaroufakis.eu/2014/02/21/=
can-the-internet-democratise-capitalism/</a><br>

e Internet is a wonderful leveller. But democracy requires a great deal mor=
e than mere &lsquo;levelling&rsquo;. Primarily,<i> it requires political in=
stitutions that enable the economically weak to have a decisive say on poli=
cy against the interests of the rich and powerful.&quot;&nbsp;</i><br>

ributed liberally to all citizens... but its reach is confined to a small p=
olitical sphere; a sphere which is increasingly losing out to a separate ec=
onomic sphere where all the capacities to change people&rsquo;s lives (for =
better or for worse) congregate but where citizenship is irrelevant.&quot;<=
br>

e=3D"&#39;trebuchet ms&#39;, sans-serif"></font><a href=3D"http://CulturalE=
ngineer.blogspot.com" target=3D"_blank">http://CulturalEngineer.blogspot.co=
m</a></div>

wl <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:culturalengineer at gmail.com" targ=
te class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc so=
lid;padding-left:1ex">

ng but I believe you meant to address them to my reply...</div><div class=
 Dyson <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:william.dyson at gmail.com" tar=
 class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc soli=
d;padding-left:1ex">

al;font-size:13px;color:rgba(0,0,0,1.0);margin:0px;line-height:auto">Andy</=
div><div style=3D"font-family:Helvetica,Arial;font-size:13px;color:rgba(0,0=
,0,1.0);margin:0px;line-height:auto">

Thanks so much for your reply and wonderful observations !!!</div><div styl=
e=3D"font-family:Helvetica,Arial;font-size:13px;color:rgba(0,0,0,1.0);margi=
n:0px;line-height:auto"><br></div><div style=3D"font-family:Helvetica,Arial=
;font-size:13px;color:rgba(0,0,0,1.0);margin:0px;line-height:auto">

I have a deep background in Political Philosophy and Public Policy. &nbsp;I=
 come from a life of struggle and poverty in the United States.</div><div s=
tyle=3D"font-family:Helvetica,Arial;font-size:13px;color:rgba(0,0,0,1.0);ma=
rgin:0px;line-height:auto">

ba(0,0,0,1.0);margin:0px;line-height:auto">I have been writing code/develop=
ing for over 15 years.&nbsp;</div><div style=3D"font-family:Helvetica,Arial=
;font-size:13px;color:rgba(0,0,0,1.0);margin:0px;line-height:auto">

10 years ago I developed one of the first micropayment systems for the musi=
c industry while living in Europe. It was itunes before itunes existed.&nbs=
p;</div><div style=3D"font-family:Helvetica,Arial;font-size:13px;color:rgba=
(0,0,0,1.0);margin:0px;line-height:auto">

ba(0,0,0,1.0);margin:0px;line-height:auto">I also have a background in &ldq=
uo;Capital&rdquo; markets having been a technical consultant for private in=
vestment banks in Europe and the United States.&nbsp;</div>

.0);margin:0px;line-height:auto"><br></div><div style=3D"font-family:Helvet=
ica,Arial;font-size:13px;color:rgba(0,0,0,1.0);margin:0px;line-height:auto"=

I have devoted my life to creating technology that brings about CHANGE that=
 is outside of current dominant frameworks of politics and economics. &nbsp=
;</div><div style=3D"font-family:Helvetica,Arial;font-size:13px;color:rgba(=
0,0,0,1.0);margin:0px;line-height:auto">

>&nbsp;NO generally useful civic-oriented, neutral vehicle has emerged to m=
y knowledge&rdquo; &nbsp;</i>and have of course made sure that this issue i=
s addressed in the efemurl platform&nbsp;</div>

=3D"font-family:Helvetica,Arial;font-size:13px;color:rgba(0,0,0,1.0);margin=
:0px;line-height:auto">

iv>10. We Want, Land, Bread, Housing, Education, Clothing, Justice, Peace, =
and<b> People&rsquo;s Community Control of Modern Technology&nbsp;</b></div=

ne&amp;username=3Deugenedebs" target=3D"_blank"><span>efemurl&nbsp;</span><=
21, 2014 at 9:14:47 AM, Tom Crowl (<a href=3D"mailto://culturalengineer@gma=
il.com" target=3D"_blank">culturalengineer at gmail.com</a>) wrote:</p>

w roman&#39;,&#39;new york&#39;,times,serif;font-size:16px" target=3D"_blan=
k">http://www.decentproject.eu/</a><br>

rif;font-size:13px" target=3D"_blank">http://www.efemurl.com</a><br>
have a very difficult road building sufficient penetration to have
an effect. (in other words reach a tip-over point whereby its
growth becomes self-reinforcing).</div>
Forum) there have always been a number of endeavors seeking to
accomplish similar things. There have been some small successes...
(Like MeetIUp)...</div>
emerged to my knowledge.&nbsp;</i></div>
held landscapes (e,g, Facebook and Twitter are landscapes as are
other transaction platforms) finding the balance between the public
and private good seems beyond their understanding or
interest...</div>
platform.</div>
Project for community involvement... perhaps unfortunately
requiring the co-operation of both the Internet and Financial
sectors. (In other words... to effect change ... as Robert Frost
said: &quot;The way out is always through&quot;).</div>
self-satisfied and confident of their own nobility and engagement
in &quot;God&#39;s Work&quot;... and hence incredibly resistant to
self-examination.</div>
rather altering the user&#39;s relationship to and understanding about
money, governance, scale and their position in this new
landscape... as well as their own responsibility in these areas.
Moreover, in time I believe it will lead to LESS money in politics,
MORE transparency, more self-organization for local community
purposes... and finally less of a &#39;<a href=3D"http://www.amazon.com/Whi=
te-Collar-Government-Economic-American-Politics/dp/022608714X" target=3D"_b=
lank">White
Collar Government</a>&quot; forming a natural counter-force to the
excessive wealth concentration which has always been a death knell
for Enlightenment-oriented societies. Sadly, solutions may rely
upon some of those who benefit by the problem.</div>
p://CulturalEngineer.blogspot.com</a></div>
Crowl <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:culturalengineer at gmail.com" t=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
and democracy (in my mind at least):</b>
decision is an intention + an action</div>
chance and physical circumstance... survival is solely determined
by decision.</div>
made necessary by scale (where people don&#39;t know or trust each
other).&nbsp;</div>
technologies) for making certain collective decisions.</div>
social body... as well as its use in advocacy and support... are
ALL political acts.</div>
been stating that the natural conjunction between the essential
need for a speech-related micropayment... which naturally leads to
a unified core... can also function as a tool for association...
AND form a natural home for alternative currencies...</div>
its more practical to build this neutral civic hub from traditional
currencies... and I didn&#39;t know or use all the computer jargon back
in &#39;08.</div>
disappointing to see what&#39;s not being looked at.&nbsp;</div>
Contract</div>
ologies-currencies-and.html" target=3D"_blank">http://culturalengineer.blog=
spot.com/2010/07/decision-technologies-currencies-and.html</a></div>
bles-responsibility.html" target=3D"_blank">http://culturalengineer.blogspo=
t.com/2008/10/capability-enables-responsibility.html</a></div>
pot.com" target=3D"_blank">http://CulturalEngineer.blogspot.com</a></font><=
/span></div>
Oram <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:andyo at oreilly.com" target=3D"_=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
if">I
wonder whether anyone on this thread is following this
initiative:<br>
tproject.eu/</a><br>
I don&#39;t see a why to search archives for the group. Here is a
key<br>
description of the project from one of their slides:<br>
&nbsp; D-CENT will develop an open, federated and decentralised
social<br>
&nbsp; networking platform for large scale collaboration based
on<br>
&nbsp; integrating successful open-source codebases that enable to
share in<br>
&nbsp; real-time open data, democratic decision making, and
digital<br>
&nbsp; currency for the social good.<br>
I&#39;m not sure why the combine democracy and currency--but it
fits<br>
exactly with what Tom has been talking about, funding candidates
and<br>

div></div></div>
Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no record=
oundation: <a href=3D"http://p2pfoundation.net" target=3D"_blank">http://p2=
pfoundation.net</a>&nbsp; - <a href=3D"http://blog.p2pfoundation.net" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://blog.p2pfoundation.net</a> <br>
ndation" target=3D"_blank"></a>Updates: <a href=3D"http://twitter.com/mbauw=