[P2P-F] Fwd: You're Invited to the 23rd Annual HumanDHS Conference in Chiang Mai, Thailand

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Feb 12 19:50:18 CET 2014

----------

------------------------------
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 03:02:45 -0500
From: e.g.lindner at psykologi.uio.no
To: houtart at hotmail.com
Subject: You're Invited to the 23rd Annual HumanDHS Conference in Chiang
Mai, Thailand
CC:

<http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?ca=8db79549-c9c6-4986-bca3-b6cec1267124&c=033a9470-4c8c-11e3-b9c0-d4ae52753a3b&ch=042bab30-4c8c-11e3-ba1e-d4ae52753a3b>
     [image: HumanDHS]
[image: World Dignity University Logo]

* 'Returning Dignity'*
Invitation to the
*23rd Annual Human Dignity and Humiliation Studies Conference *
 *Chiang Mai, Thailand*

*8th - 12th March 2014*

*Dear François, *
"Majesty in the Mountains: Traditional Culture of the Highland Peoples of
Southeast Asia" Exhibition of Photos and Artifacts by Victoria
Vorreiter<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001lz6B3F2SwG4H1WtkvcRTRdgGW1gQ-k24LR3Fj9H_wovmCrnVNPzlio2p3LLWzW71ncCwkSreiMN5AyCko87U31CPi5AB_kWOQsMYFq_GW9FgZotSj71I8OHiLX4mNPLqyXtxrsrWe5JC01iIM6MUWFIBBBsJWK8jNn0Jme5VGEJ0luRnh8miLQ==&c=KwgLOj_i5-rXx3ewqJJMPQtO5i8TnaWDDlCcPEKQ80c7FKQhzQF4eg==&ch=mpF2wwHIUE6_n3ED_xPoTMrtTPcSF7tbgQXORnZX_bjqiTu2npT15Q==>
.

We are delighted to invite you to the 23rd Annual Conference of our Human
Dignity and Humiliation
Studies<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001lz6B3F2SwG4H1WtkvcRTRdgGW1gQ-k24LR3Fj9H_wovmCrnVNPzlii9O5ApNm-93devrLfzIn2gtVNaYyJFpVfQ18TjMobJxSR2dRQ5hy2r4UsgdHPK3tI9zZO_eYkHKlus6JKLFH9cY68Xn4jJ2--KgE5_Xkd6LNq9ZPI8qXv9K8EjbUSV96mqKDQLrz6B7H5aPD5hZMAUGaflF1cwt3iPnnCtec97Y-HVOPS9RdRI=&c=KwgLOj_i5-rXx3ewqJJMPQtO5i8TnaWDDlCcPEKQ80c7FKQhzQF4eg==&ch=mpF2wwHIUE6_n3ED_xPoTMrtTPcSF7tbgQXORnZX_bjqiTu2npT15Q==>(HumanDHS)
network, entitled 'Returning Dignity,' at Chiang
Mai University in Chiang Mai, Thailand, 8th - 12th March 2014.

*About Human Dignity and Humiliation Studies*

The HumanDHS network hosts two
conferences<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001lz6B3F2SwG4H1WtkvcRTRdgGW1gQ-k24LR3Fj9H_wovmCrnVNPzlij_Pc7KXwVYeTrq1TYtma7r172X7uad1pBVX-bnycQXOC8S9-YEXd9xGECseRcb2dVJ5-is-M9FANEKioDdM6HfhCgoDIZeb_OFvRLyADBvC6J_LG3TqXHVT2ppKROSHt78ICiVlolthe0Y_lyriT1ZTJaQdnXig0vV79WyK4AZp&c=KwgLOj_i5-rXx3ewqJJMPQtO5i8TnaWDDlCcPEKQ80c7FKQhzQF4eg==&ch=mpF2wwHIUE6_n3ED_xPoTMrtTPcSF7tbgQXORnZX_bjqiTu2npT15Q==>each
year: one at Columbia University in New York City and one at a
different location around the globe. Since 2003 our network has gathered
together in Europe (Paris, Berlin, Oslo), Costa Rica, New Zealand, China,
South Africa, and other locations. These global conferences allow us to
bring together a diverse community of remarkable people working for dignity
in the world!

*How We Co-Create Our Conferences*

For those of you who have never joined us for one of our global
conferences, please kindly allow us to describe our unique approach. Rather
than using a traditional lecture/presentation format, we join together to
co-create a program that emphasizes conversations and collaboration. Over
the years, we have adapted the 'Open Space Technology' format to create a
mutually dignifying experience for all involved. Open Space begins with
inviting people to propose ideas for dialogue, selecting shared topics of
interest, scheduling dialogue sessions, and finally sharing the important
highlights of these dialogues. We invite you to bring your idea for an Open
Space dialogue led by you. This collaborative format allows us to define
and design the entire conference experience as a community, beginning on
the first day.
  Photojournalist Jeff Warner will share: Dignity Amidst The
Rubbish<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001lz6B3F2SwG4H1WtkvcRTRdgGW1gQ-k24LR3Fj9H_wovmCrnVNPzlio2p3LLWzW71w7Mv7o1QKIoAFaiHYXGgKVBYLFTxHnEhseX1_mREQrW04KzSAj-Mn9DeW3mkr1-adHwS2D_e0BZabJAE2P1NP94Zkgz2w2zI2wCnH2h4I8gD8QZHng318WXafHZnT8Wt_d8s4uvum4DwOUB_99dFMpTs8Nth5Agl-hP5d9fVrJ32-j6MX-y1PTfisMTWOdMbVTzMgJ9vmhU=&c=KwgLOj_i5-rXx3ewqJJMPQtO5i8TnaWDDlCcPEKQ80c7FKQhzQF4eg==&ch=mpF2wwHIUE6_n3ED_xPoTMrtTPcSF7tbgQXORnZX_bjqiTu2npT15Q==>
*, *an hour-by-hour look at the lives of a community of refugees from Burma.

*Our Conference Agenda: *

   - *8th - 9th March*: Two pre-conference days on the
   trail visiting tribal communities (still evolving):
      - Indigenous rights and land rights: Ending
      land grabbing
      - Living on the city dumps: Ending
      urban poverty
   - *Day One, 10th March (Women's Day):*
      - Introductory greetings
      - Planning the Open Space Dignilogue sessions (Dignilogue = dignity +
      dialogue)
   - *Day Two, 11th March:* Dignilogue sessions
   - *Day Three, 12th March: *Dignilogue sessions

*Conference Arrangements*

We warmly thank Chayan
Vaddhanaphutimost<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001lz6B3F2SwG4H1WtkvcRTRdgGW1gQ-k24LR3Fj9H_wovmCrnVNPzlijrE_9YQ4Kay8gZ2cSsCnV6yRu9TCz5F5cK9C0Ohapt57UnsFkdWFirj9KOvQbeAXolH9Ovr6-Otj8jiyZMgdoiXdL3V5MZb0-uqVXG9imKbGKS0dmxYriDugjKOdgFFoh2ofDzufS2aZOLpWQQY3ZTduUoMsWqv-Xb3vigW5NNviYH6yelE-kY=&c=KwgLOj_i5-rXx3ewqJJMPQtO5i8TnaWDDlCcPEKQ80c7FKQhzQF4eg==&ch=mpF2wwHIUE6_n3ED_xPoTMrtTPcSF7tbgQXORnZX_bjqiTu2npT15Q==>and
Kjell
Skyllstad<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001lz6B3F2SwG4H1WtkvcRTRdgGW1gQ-k24LR3Fj9H_wovmCrnVNPzliqVUWULCRz80y_Lgh6K1XLE3EWGjwHiFylO5PngT3WtooC5eB79DEf2a51jbqokmQf0blv1iUsepAEmx6x3FpC2Ocks9iK5MHIeCW7aqdjExfA_JBzI88oqkLOkieQ0y30imliJseNbVzgXQOX4EDnTFQF8MrXCFfiiInAvDxPx5XDLvKKT4lPI=&c=KwgLOj_i5-rXx3ewqJJMPQtO5i8TnaWDDlCcPEKQ80c7FKQhzQF4eg==&ch=mpF2wwHIUE6_n3ED_xPoTMrtTPcSF7tbgQXORnZX_bjqiTu2npT15Q==>for
welcoming everyone to this remarkable event! We are also grateful to
all participants for taking full responsibility for their own visa, travel,
transportation, and accommodation arrangements.

*Registering for the Conference*

There is no registration fee for this conference. To cover our expenses, we
will summarize the costs during the conference and invite participants to
contribute according to their ability. This collaborative approach to
financing allows us to keep the conference affordable for all. If you are
interested in participating, please kindly click
here<conferences at humiliationstudies.org>to email us your introductory
information.

*How to Get to the Conference*
Please fly to Chiang Mai in Thailand. The airport is about 15 minutes from
the campus. Participants can take a taxi from the airport to the hotel or
use the hotel van. From the hotel to the campus, we will arrange
transportation for them to come to the conference.

*Where to Stay and Where to Eat*
The University of Chiang Mai has an international guest house on campus
with inexpensive accommodations. For lunch during the conference,
participants will have to pay. The organisers will arrange for someone to
prepare lunch.

*Pre and Post-Conference Experiences*
Chiang Mai is surrounded by tribal communities that call on our interest
and solidarity in their fight for full citizen rights. We look forward to
having conference participants taking leadership by suggesting
possibilities for learning more about these communities. In addition, we
hope to visit the golden temple on Doi Suthep high above the city -- a once
in a lifetime experience for anyone who attends!

*We Warmly Invite You Join Us *
Please feel free to share this
announcement<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1102692382451&a=1116384154011&ea=houtart%40hotmail.com>
 with your colleagues or students. For the latest details about this
conference, as it unfolds, please visit our conference
webpage<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001lz6B3F2SwG4H1WtkvcRTRdgGW1gQ-k24LR3Fj9H_wovmCrnVNPzlii9O5ApNm-93devrLfzIn2gtVNaYyJFpVfQ18TjMobJxSR2dRQ5hy2r4UsgdHPK3tI9zZO_eYkHKlus6JKLFH9cY68Xn4jJ2--KgE5_Xkd6LNq9ZPI8qXv9K8EjbUSV96mqKDQLrz6B7H5aPD5hZMAUGaflF1cwt3iPnnCtec97Y-HVOPS9RdRI=&c=KwgLOj_i5-rXx3ewqJJMPQtO5i8TnaWDDlCcPEKQ80c7FKQhzQF4eg==&ch=mpF2wwHIUE6_n3ED_xPoTMrtTPcSF7tbgQXORnZX_bjqiTu2npT15Q==>
.

*We would be honored and delighted to have you with us!Kjell Skyllstad, PhD
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001lz6B3F2SwG4H1WtkvcRTRdgGW1gQ-k24LR3Fj9H_wovmCrnVNPzliqVUWULCRz80y_Lgh6K1XLE3EWGjwHiFylO5PngT3WtooC5eB79DEf2a51jbqokmQf0blv1iUsepAEmx6x3FpC2Ocks9iK5MHIeCW7aqdjExfA_JBzI88oqkLOkieQ0y30imliJseNbVzgXQOX4EDnTFQF8MrXCFfiiInAvDxPx5XDLvKKT4lPI=&c=KwgLOj_i5-rXx3ewqJJMPQtO5i8TnaWDDlCcPEKQ80c7FKQhzQF4eg==&ch=mpF2wwHIUE6_n3ED_xPoTMrtTPcSF7tbgQXORnZX_bjqiTu2npT15Q==>*
Global Advisory Board Member of the Human Dignity and Humiliation Studies
Professor at the Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts, Chulalongkorn
University, Bangkok, Thailand
Editor in Chief of the Journal of Urban Culture Research

*Evelin Lindner, MD, PhD, PhD
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001lz6B3F2SwG4H1WtkvcRTRdgGW1gQ-k24LR3Fj9H_wovmCrnVNPzlimLu3Z7YOjvnGLDsMY8LSqSL_H8auF2KvQiw49__R9nW3VmsS4TpjrOX5MbPR8hMozEbVjeNK4faGTklAlrjjcSalEEsZtSKsYOS76SwiPBl4bL-xi7vQwf6Me_5Y42UEV3OXYRGd6NWhl6wy2eJugHC_nXtzOWSMA==&c=KwgLOj_i5-rXx3ewqJJMPQtO5i8TnaWDDlCcPEKQ80c7FKQhzQF4eg==&ch=mpF2wwHIUE6_n3ED_xPoTMrtTPcSF7tbgQXORnZX_bjqiTu2npT15Q==>*
Founding President of the Human Dignity and Humiliation Studies

*Linda Hartling, PhD
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001lz6B3F2SwG4H1WtkvcRTRdgGW1gQ-k24LR3Fj9H_wovmCrnVNPzlimLu3Z7YOjvnYrN16JeB8bXntFxVXFT6SLeZ7RVZEZUMqDX9DtccO72XzOSjnmlgjfNgn3LrkFfjUJH5W9Z9zI-T-7wAbx955uJh5Xj25XvjMo1wFOBg-heh3ADinno6LaRGdrWS7WDH29p5KnSO9z6a0X1opEUVTQ==&c=KwgLOj_i5-rXx3ewqJJMPQtO5i8TnaWDDlCcPEKQ80c7FKQhzQF4eg==&ch=mpF2wwHIUE6_n3ED_xPoTMrtTPcSF7tbgQXORnZX_bjqiTu2npT15Q==>*
Director of the Human Dignity and Humiliation Studies

*P.S. Please kindly note that...*

   - All of our conferences and workshops are by invitation only; however,
   we invite everyone to our Public Events.
   - We like to get to know participants prior to all of our conferences
   and workshops, and prior to issuing an invitation. Please kindly send us
   your introductory information by clicking
here<conferences at humiliationstudies.org>
   .
   - The closed parts of our programs have limited enrollment.
   - During our conferences, we always ask all participants for their
   permission to have their pictures or videos posted on our website. However,
   if you change your mind later, either in total or for specific
   pictures/videos, please let us know! Thank you!
   - Participants are encouraged to find their own sources of funding or
   economic support to participate in our conferences. Thank you for doing
   your own research inquiring about funding sources in your own country and
   through your own university. See, among others, for the U.S.,
   www.supportcenter.org and www.foundationscenter.org.
   - Participants are kindly asked to handle all of their housing and
   travel arrangements as well as required documentation, including requests
   for visas. HumanDHS does not have the staff or resources to assist with
   visa requests. Thank you!

 Human Dignity & Humiliation Studies
 www.humiliationstudies.org<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001lz6B3F2SwG4H1WtkvcRTRdgGW1gQ-k24LR3Fj9H_wovmCrnVNPzliiFfHunwIBq2eXqXwJAuP419ZYtxwVlqBORuMy3kCAoLtbA2zh9ao7LQDVVflEUSla-QGyPjeU4kOowjn3LDE6HDwFskvVUGEE5OcaRaZ4JnyKBHp9_LmEENYhfBKAdj0Q==&c=KwgLOj_i5-rXx3ewqJJMPQtO5i8TnaWDDlCcPEKQ80c7FKQhzQF4eg==&ch=mpF2wwHIUE6_n3ED_xPoTMrtTPcSF7tbgQXORnZX_bjqiTu2npT15Q==>

A world without humiliation dignifies us all!
             <http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001FdZJChsSQonYe_KrkjYuwQ%3D%3D&ch=042bab30-4c8c-11e3-ba1e-d4ae52753a3b&ca=8db79549-c9c6-4986-bca3-b6cec1267124>
This email was sent to houtart at hotmail.com by e.g.lindner at psykologi.uio.no |

Update Profile/Email
Address<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001FdZJChsSQonYe_KrkjYuwQ%3D%3D&ch=042bab30-4c8c-11e3-ba1e-d4ae52753a3b&ca=8db79549-c9c6-4986-bca3-b6cec1267124>
SafeUnsubscribe<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001FdZJChsSQonYe_KrkjYuwQ%3D%3D&ch=042bab30-4c8c-11e3-ba1e-d4ae52753a3b&ca=8db79549-c9c6-4986-bca3-b6cec1267124>(tm)
| Privacy Policy <http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp>.
 Human Dignity & Humiliation Studies | Dialogue Home-PDX | Portland | OR |
97035

--
*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/