[P2P-F] Fwd: Open Food Network News & Melb Showcase 15 Feb!

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Feb 5 01:28:26 CET 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Open Food Network <hello at openfoodnetwork.org>
Date: Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Subject: Open Food Network News & Melb Showcase 15 Feb!
To: michel at p2pfoundation.net

         Open Food Network news and upcoming events    View this email in
your browser<http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=3974f42975&e=d21bac9d6c>
                    Beyond
the Supermarket Open Food Network Showcase event!

*Sustainable Living Festival, Melb CBD Sat 15 Feb 3.30pm.  Program details
here
<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=cf3df1a1e5&e=d21bac9d6c>,
register here
<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=75121f342d&e=d21bac9d6c>.
FREE*
                If you're in Victoria, come along to the *Sustainable
Living Festival*<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=f040dfde19&e=d21bac9d6c>in
Melbourne on 15 Feb for this interactive session where Kirsten Larsen
and Serenity Hill will demo the Open Food Network.  We will also showcase
food hubs and farmers from across the State and provide an opportunity to
connect with what's happening in your region!             With amazing work
from Alex Knorr (design) and Rohan Mitchell and Will Marshall (developers),
our *rebuild of priority front-end screens* is starting to take shape
OFN in the News - Shareable and *L'Atelier*
Want to learn more about where OFN has come from and how it links to the
bigger picture? Following from our fantastic exposure in
Smartplanet<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=79a20f4a2c&e=d21bac9d6c>late
last year Darren Sharp has written a great piece in
Shareable<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=31db19889a&e=d21bac9d6c>,
an international online magazine about trends in the sharing economy.
Also L'Atelier<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=b1ea059465&e=d21bac9d6c>who
track disruptive technology across the world have given us a great
little treatment - thanks!

*Funding and Partnerships *
We are very excited to announce a new partnership with Sustainable
Table<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=a2b98640ac&e=d21bac9d6c>and
a Private Ancillary Fund who have committed some funding and
technology
and business strategy advice for OFN development.  Special thanks to Hayley
Morris for persistence and belief in us!
Follow progress with our VicHealth seed project on the VicHealth
blog<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=afafbe0686&e=d21bac9d6c>and
also via
TACSI.<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=5dccf20aad&e=d21bac9d6c>
         *Help
us make it happen*!
Passionate volunteers make this project - ask
us<http://[email protected]>about options for helping out on
occasional tasks and/or more substantive
roles (tech and non-tech).   Priorities for us now are:

   - *Testers:* no tech skills required, 1 hour every couple of weeks, be
   the first to try new features!
   - *SLF event and stall*: we need people to help out at our Sustainable
   Living Festival event on 15th Feb and also to help us cover our SLF stall -
   particularly on Friday 14th and Sunday 16th; 2 hour slots available.
   - *UX: *particularly moving into the next phase of designing enterprise
   user experience, we need all hands on deck.

                  Meet the Team: Raf
Every newsletter we'll introduce you to someone new! Raf
<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=1ca0e02140&e=d21bac9d6c>
Schouten<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=e044aa22f0&e=d21bac9d6c>has
been amazing both in helping us work out the logic of the most
gnarliest problems and also applying his drupal wizardry to our soon to be
released Open Food Foundation website.  Not just any website, but a
collaboration platform for open food projects across the world and more
immediately, a much more effective way to support our growing OFN
community.  Raf is about to head to the northern hemisphere to meet cool
people and do cools things - taking general excitement about OFN with him.

          *Published under a creative commons licence
<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=8c6668855c&e=d21bac9d6c>.
*

*Our mailing address is:*
Open Food Foundation
Hub Melbourne, Level 3, 673 Bourke St
Melbourne VIC 3000

subscribe to this list
<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=74646da624&e=d21bac9d6c>
unsubscribe from this
list<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=3ca422337f&e=d21bac9d6c&c=3974f42975>
update subscription
preferences<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=3ca422337f&e=d21bac9d6c>

   This email was sent to michel at p2pfoundation.net
*why did I get this?*<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage2.com/about?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=3ca422337f&e=d21bac9d6c&c=3974f42975>
    unsubscribe from this
list<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=3ca422337f&e=d21bac9d6c&c=3974f42975>
    update subscription
preferences<http://openfoodnetwork.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&id=3ca422337f&e=d21bac9d6c>
Open Food Foundation · Hub Melbourne · Level 3, 673 Bourke St · Melbourne,
Vic 3000 · Australia

[image: Email Marketing Powered by
MailChimp]<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=cb48e5ef79e01c00ffdba16c2&afl=1>

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/