[P2P-F] Fwd: Ronin Institue End-of-Year Campaign

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Dec 29 05:32:36 CET 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ronin Institute for Independent Scholarship <
kitsune at ronininstitute.org>
Date: Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 6:06 AM
Subject: Ronin Institue End-of-Year Campaign
To: Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

    [image: The Ronin Institute for Independent Scholarship]
<http://ronininstitute.org>

Greetings and Happy Holidays!

2014 is winding down, and the Ronin Institute is gearing up for 2015, which
promises to be our most exciting year yet. We will be expanding our roster
of Research Scholars <http://ronininstitute.org/research-scholars> and
connecting those scholars with each other and with sources of funding to
support their work. These talented scholars are committed to continuing to
contribute to their fields, and we are committed to making that happen. We
are developing a novel mechanism for publishing, rewarding, and supporting
independent research, as well as a new approach to online education.

Our mission depends on ongoing support from the community of people who
share our vision of a reinvented and reinvigorated culture of open inquiry
into the natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, and arts. With that
mission in mind, I hope that you will consider making a contribution to the
Ronin Institute.

This is a great time to donate, since contributions made before the end of
the year will be deductible on your 2014 taxes to the full extent allowed
by law. If you want to help provide lasting support for our ongoing work,
consider a recurring monthly gift.

  *You can make your one-time or recurring donation online from our
donation page <http://ronininstitute.org/donate>.*
If you are interested in making a targeted donation to support a specific
program or research area, or if you would like to discuss other ways to
give, contact our development office <development at ronininstitute.org>.

Earlier this month, we published the first issue of our new newsletter,
*Kitsune*, which will be highlighting the accomplishments of the Ronin
Institute and its Research Scholars. I trust that you are looking forward
to hearing about their stories and their research as much as I am. If you
have not received *Kitsune* and would like to, send us a note
<kitsune at ronininstitute.org?subject=Subscribe&body=Please+add+me+to+the+e-mail+list+for+the+Kitsune+newsletter>
to sign up.

On behalf of the entire Ronin Institute community, I would like to thank
you for your support and encouragement as we have launched, and I want to
send along a wish from all of us that the new year will be full of
discovery.
Scientiam Consecemus!

Jon F. Wilkins
President and Research Scholar

   ------------------------------

*About the Ronin Institute*

The Ronin Institute is dedicated to building an alternative model of
academic scholarship outside of the traditional university system. To learn
more, visit us at http://ronininstitute.org or send us e-mail
<info at ronininstitute.org>.

If you know someone who might be interested in the Ronin Institute, please
feel free to forward this letter to them. If you want to stop receiving
communications from us, click here
<kitsune at ronininstitute.org?subject=Unsubscribe&body=Please+remove+me+from+this+email+list>,
and we'll take care of it.

--
Check out the Commons Transition Plan here at:
http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/