[P2P-F] Fwd: Info for the event on the 8th to be shared through your networks

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Aug 27 01:02:24 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Heike Loeschmann <Loeschmann at boell.de>
Date: Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 1:15 AM
Subject: Info for the event on the 8th to be shared through your networks
To: Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net>
Cc: Joanna Barelkowska <barelkowska at boell.de>

Friends,

After attending a number of events prior and during the Degrowth Conference
in Leipzig I will be back in Berlin for a lecture/round table talk on
September 8th from 2 pm to 5 pm hosted by the Heinrich Boell Stiftung at
Schumannstraße 8, Berlin.

In the first half of 2014, three Ecuadorian institutions funded research
for a *first integrative transition towards a social knowledge economy* or
in other words, a society with an economy oriented around common pools of
shareable knowledge. This participatory project produced the *first generic
Commons Transition Plan* and* 15+ specific policy proposals* in various
domains such as open education, open agriculture, biocommons etc.

* Here is the project wiki that feeds you with a lot of information,
*(*http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan
<http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan> , *but I will present at
first for those who are not having the time to dive deeply into it before.

I will elaborate on the project design, the process, the outcome and the
future prospects of the laid out plan. I propose to discuss questions such
as the following and many more that you feel are pressing related issues:

How can we evaluate the encounter between proposals such as the Partner
State and the commonification of public services and an actual really
existing state? What where the limitations of this first transition
experience and what can we learn for the future ?

The next iteration of such a commons transition plan will take place in
Catalonia in the spring of 2015, where the proposed institutions will be
directly civic in nature, and designed to sustain the production of
material commons. Despite ist limitations, the FLOK experience may signal a
shift towards progressive policies and political coalitions that are no
longer focused on statist solutions, but on an orientation towards the
Commons. How realistic is such a scenario and can it save Europe from a
potential shift to the radical right ?"

It would be great if you have time and join. We can arrange for a nice
lineup on that day since Jeremy Rifkin is giving a public lecture at the
Allianz Forum. We could walk over to the Pariser Platz together after the
event. See info below.

To arrange the setting for the event and also to have some finger foot
after my round and before Rifkins, the Boell Team needs to plan a bit and
it would therefore be nice if you just drop a line to Joanna Barelkowska at
Barelkowska at boell.de to indicate your interest to attend.

Thanks and look forward to see you in the 8th.

Very best, Michel

Allianz Lecture

The Zero Marginal Cost Society:

The Internet of Things, the Collaborative

Commons, and the Eclipse of Capitalism

Monday, September 8, 2014 – 6:00 p.m.

Jeremy Rifkin

Allianz Distinguished Visitor, American Academy in Berlin;

Founder and President, The Foundation on Economic Trends;

Founder, Third Industrial Revolution; and Author

Words of Welcome by

Professor Dr. Volker Deville, Head of Representative Office Berlin, Allianz
SE

Moderated by Reinhard Karger

Company Spokesman, German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence;

and President, German Society for Information Science and Practice

Location: Allianz Forum, Pariser Platz 6, 10117 Berlin

Please find the official invitation with more detailed information attached.

In cooperation with Campus Verlag

--
Check out the Commons Transition Plan here at:
http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/