[P2P-F] [Members] FW: <nettime> a political, commons-based evaluation of Bitcoin

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Aug 24 07:53:36 CEST 2014

not only are they not ready to embrace it,

they are actively hoping to design it out of the online governance systems,

the reasoning seems to be: democracy doesn't work, therefore we must
abolish it and replace it with technocratic algorithms ..

Michel

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 11:21 AM, parminder <parminder.js at gmail.com> wrote:

> Very useful article.
>
> Especially the observation, which is quite Castellsian..
>
> "Networks which have no counter-measures to maintain equality inevitably
> lead in time to a new concentration of resources."
>
> And the counter-measure to networks, as to free market (and the two do
> share some key elements, and therefore presents such a potent force that it
> has more or less overwhelmed us today), is in my view. POLITICS.
>
> Which is the reason that this self willed animal, Network, is so keen to
> annihilate politics, and replace it with a version of its own, of networked
> politics, like MSism and the such, which is no politics at all, just an
> antidote to politics, and will not be needed and disappear the day politics
> die.
>
> But the problem is that; so many who hate and resist the growing power of
> the network, are simply not ready to sufficiently embrace politics. That to
> me today is the key problem.
>
> parminder
>

>  On Sunday 24 August 2014 07:15 AM, michael gurstein wrote:
>
> An interesting critique of Bitcoins by our JNC colleague Michel Bauwens.

Check out the Commons Transition Plan here at:
http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/