[P2P-F] Fwd: Matriarchal Studies

Anna anna at shsh.co.uk
Sun Aug 17 01:27:01 CEST 2014

I understand your point Willi, and I agree that without material independence, we will not be able to free ourselves completely from capitalist values. I see this as a gradual process in which the desire to be free invites us to find ways to create material conditions for ourselves which are independent of the capitalist system. Then that independence to whatever degree feeds a consciousness which enables us to see other opportunities to become more independent, and so on. It is not a once for all event. We will all inevitably bring with us values we have internalised, consciously and unconsciously, which will need the excavation June talks about. The 'dreaming' is important, not because we can't imagine another way, but because we need to be clear about what we want.

Anna