[P2P-F] Belgian Neonazi uses DMCA to take down Center for a Stateless Society website

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 08:27:48 CEST 2013

Several days ago C4SS's sister organization, Students for a stateless
society, published a notice that its Gent, Belgium affiliate had been
taken over by neonazis, disavowed that affiliate, and presented as
evidence the following remarks by Olivier Janssens (which are
preserved at Pastebin despite  Janssens' subsequent takedown attempt,
mentioned below).
http://www.reddit.com/r/Anarchism/comments/1mzzty/the_center_for_a_stateless_society_were_knocked/

C4SS published a notice linking to the material, but did not itself
publish the quotes.

Janssens' lawyer contacted S4SS and C4SS demanding the material be
taken down, on the grounds that it came from a private Facebook
account and his life could be in danger from exposure of such bigoted
anti-Muslim comments. He threatened legal action if it were not taken
down.

Today both the C4SS and S4SS sites went down. On inquiry, we were told
by Bluehost it was in response to a DMCA takedown notice by Janssens.

We have notified, among others, EFF and Mike Masnick.

Michel, is it OK if I write this up (including the original quotes and
subsequent threats from Janssen's lawyer) for the blog?

--
Kevin Carson
Senior Fellow, Karl Hess Scholar in Social Theory

"You have no authority that we are bound to respect" -- John Perry Barlow
"We are legion. We never forgive. We never forget. Expect us" -- Anonymous

Homebrew Industrial Revolution:  A Low-Overhead Manifesto
http://homebrewindustrialrevolution.wordpress.com
Desktop Regulatory State http://desktopregulatorystate.wordpress.com