[P2P-F] Fwd: Peak mining, peak materials, peak energy, peak manufacturing, peak finance and therefore, my guess.... peak internet..

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Sep 9 11:27:09 CEST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brian Davey <briadavey at googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 6:20 AM
Subject: Peak mining, peak materials, peak energy, peak manufacturing, peak
finance and therefore, my guess.... peak internet..
To: Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net>, Silke Helfrich <
Silke.Helfrich at gmx.de>, Heike Loeschmann <Loeschmann at boell.de>

Hiya Michel,

I don't think you will be able to watch this 49 minute lecture and be
confident that IT and internet will be able to continue to grow for much
longer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFyTSiCXWEE

And here's a very specific look at IT by a limits to growth theorist who is
well versed in the technological, production issues and resource
requirement issues...

http://www.apc.org/en/system/files/Section2.pdf

All the best

Brian