[P2P-F] Fwd: StreamScapes and Emerging Leader Labs

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Sep 2 08:43:33 CEST 2013

any interested coders?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eric Harris-Braun <eric at harris-braun.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Subject: StreamScapes and Emerging Leader Labs
To: Michel Bawens <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

Hello Michel!

I’m writing because I’m building a team and I think you might know someone
who would be perfect for it.

As you know, for several years Arthur Brock and I have been collaborating
in the fields of currency design, software engineering and social
intelligence. Recently, our work in these fields has reached a new level of
convergence and we are now ready to build a specific digital toolset.  We
think we've found the critical leverage point to unleash an explosion of
social intelligence and collective creativity on a planetary scale.

You may recall the StreamScapes prototype we showed at our Collabathon
event you attended after ContactCon.  Now we're ready to build the real
thing.  We are assembling a team of visionary coders, tech geeks, and
innovators with the collective skills and creative fire to design and code
StreamScapes from the low-level virtual machine up.

I am emailing you because I believe that you know someone who’s right  for
our team and I need your introduction in order to find them.

What we are creating is an open source software solution that leaps past
some of the fundamental limitations in communicative power that are
inherent to the structure of our today’s electronic communications.

On the surface, StreamScapes appears to be simply a useful solution to the
inbox problem, one place where you can manage all your digital
communication streams. Email, facebook, twitter, voicemail, etc. all in one
box, along with organizational tools to make sense of that flood, but it is
more than that.

StreamScapes provides a toolset that makes visible the structural grammars
that define communication types such as email (From/To/Subject/Body) or
Twitter (content, #hashtags, and @users up to 140 characters), and invites
even casual users to tweak them, create their own, and share new useful
grammars with others. Instead of sending a generic email asking about a
critical task on a project, create a message with specific question and
answer boxes to ensure responses to each question.  Why link to a
scheduling web site? Instead integrate a calendar poll right into your
message.

It goes deeper. As users play and experiment with creating and sharing
useful communication grammars and workflows, they will begin to become
accustomed to assuming an active role in creating the kinds of grammatical
communications that enable institutions to function. From the text message
to the bank transaction and the voting booth, StreamScapes will foster
people’s capacities for play with the implicit communicative grammars and
social agreements that enable social organisms such as institutions,
states, and corporations to make decisions, exercise power, and conduct
economic exchange.  StreamScapes will form the first rung of a ladder of
tools for communication, data processing, and agreement making that we
believe is essential to catalyzing breakthroughs in our capacity for
collective creativity and social intelligence.

StreamScapes is actually just one application built on CEPTR, an underlying
open source platform and set of protocols that provides a self-describing
protocol stack as a fundamental restructuring of network computing. CEPTR
can interface with the existing Internet and open the door for rapid
evolution of new capacities and protocols (such as mesh networking,
distributed social networks, and personal control of all your data).
Furthermore, this technology will enable us to make sense of vast arrays of
information with powerful, built-in, semantic relational tools.

Huh? I realize that this is a bit abstract.  My experience is that due to
the scope and scale of the project there is no substitute for question
driven conversation when explaining StreamScapes and CEPTR. I would be glad
to talk with you via phone or skype and answer questions or elaborate on
any aspects of the project that you find interesting.

StreamScapes is a project that Arthur and I have been developing for
several years. Now we are committed to building and launching the alpha
version in the next 6 months. This breakthrough has come as the result of
marrying our previous theoretical work in the realm of the MetaCurrency
Project with our current endeavor, the Emerging Leader Labs (ELL). ELL is a
social change incubator where we bring together young people with ambitious
projects in the field of social innovation for intensive immersion in
project development, coherence holding as a model of leadership, and group
co-creativity.

ELL has been a laboratory to test and refine our ideas about what it takes
to create breakthroughs in social creativity, embodied in what we call
“magic groups” that are able to achieve outrageous results at the levels of
project generativity and success, simultaneous with facilitating deep
personal growth for those involved.  We operate ELL as much as possible
within the generosity economy.  Participants live in host homes, we work in
donated space, and eat food given by local farms. The ELL model has been so
successful that it looks like we’ll have 4 more Labs opening in other
locations in the next year.

We spent the last 5 years building and refining the technical knowledge to
create CEPTR and StreamScapes. Now, with ELL we have successfully
implemented a “social DNA” of a living social organism that embodies the
self-generativity and polymorphic creativity we are committed to unlocking
at a broader scale. With the coming together of these capacities we are
confident that we are ready to build this next level toolset for collective
creativity and intelligence.

Starting mid October, we will gather in upstate New York for a special
session of Emerging Leader Labs devoted entirely to StreamScapes.  For 8
weeks we will build out StreamScapes and prepare to launch in the spring.
We need to find awesome coders, UI/UX designers, testers and documentarians
who are excited about building new technologies for collaboration while
embodying that spirit in a innovative and magical group setting.

StreamScapes is about creating magic groups at a planetary scale. Social
intelligence is the new fire. Help us light the spark.  Send us your geeks.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Eric Harris-Braun

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/