[P2P-F] Fwd: Report/summary of Economics and Commons Conference

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sat Oct 26 22:39:34 CEST 2013

Dear Kevin,

thanks for doing something with the announcement, and the pdf, for the p2p
blog,

From: David Bollier <david at bollier.org>
Date: Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Subject: Report/summary of Economics and Commons Conference
To: Saki Bailey <sbailey at iuctorino.it>

Dear Friends of the Commons,****

** **

We hope that you are still feasting on the knowledge and insights that you
picked up at the Economics and the Commons Conference in Berlin!  If not,
we are pleased to announce the release of an 80-page report / summary of
the conference that you can download as a pdf file here:
http://www.boell.de/sites/default/files/ecc_report_final.pdf
******   **The report consists of abbreviated versions of all of the ten
keynote talks; brief summaries of the stream discussions; short overviews
of each of the side events (with contact information for the hosts); a
guide to the wiki resources on commons and economics; and an account of the
Francophone network of commoners.****

** **

Let us also call your attention to the remarkable collection of video
interviews that Remix the Commons shot at the ECC.  The videos -- recently
posted at the Remix website, http://www.remixthecommons.org/en -- provide
another vivid perspective on the conference.  They include dozens of
commoners giving their definitions of the commons and participating in
roundtable interviews.  The videos will be posted on the Remix playlists
progressively as they are finalized.

** **

At the end of the ECC Report, the Commons Strategies Group offers some
final reflections on the event’s significance for the commons movement.  We
look back at the 2010 International Commons Conference and consider some of
the ways in which our efforts have matured, and some of the challenges that
we face in the years ahead.****

** **

Please feel free to share this report with friends and colleagues, or the
post it on your websites.  We hope that this synthesis of the ECC will
refresh your memory of some of the powerful statements and themes presented
there.  May it also stimulate the thinking of those who could not attend

Please be aware that several websites will continue to act as repositories
for content generated by the ECC:.****

·      The ECC webpages maintained by the Böll Foundation:
http://www.boell.de/en/economics-and-commons

·      The Communications Platform that was used at the ECC:
http://commonsandeconomics.org

·      The commons and economics webpages on the P2P Foundation wiki:  See
links on p. 73 of the ECC report
****

****

** **

Again, we wish to thank everyone for helping to make the ECC such a
thought-provoking, energizing event!  We hope that the ECC is only the
beginning of many deeper, more creative collaborations in the future.****

** **

David Bollier, Silke Helfrich, Michel Bauwens, *Commons Strategies Group
*****

Barbara Unmüssig and Heike Löschmann, *Heinrich Böll Foundation*****

Nicolas Krausz, *Charles Léopold Mayer Foundation
*Alain Ambrosi and Frédéric Sultan, *Remix the Commons
*
**

****