[P2P-F] Fwd: [talk] Monsanto to Receive Nobel Prize!

Anna Harris anna at shsh.co.uk
Tue Oct 8 17:36:27 CEST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Niels Corfield <mudguard at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Subject: [talk] Monsanto to Receive Nobel Prize!
To: talk at leedspermaculturenetwork.org

Friends,

In an obscene development, a Monsanto executive is winning this year’s
'Nobel Prize of agriculture' -- the prestigious World Food Prize -- for
creating GMOs. Receiving it legitimizes the sort of rampant genetic
modification Monsanto pioneered, and helps validate a ruthless business
model that impoverishes farmers and monopolizes our food. If that wasn't
baffling enough, the founder of Syngenta, the same biotech giant joining
Bayer in suing Europe to keep selling bee-killing pesticides, will also win
the prize. The ceremony is in less than two weeks, so we need to act now.

Please join me in tell the World Food Prize Foundation not to reward
Monsanto and bee-killer Syngenta’s outrageous practices.
http://action.sumofus.org/a/**world-food-prize-monsanto-**syngenta/?sub=mtle<http://action.sumofus.org/a/world-food-prize-monsanto-syngenta/?sub=mtle>

Thank you.