[P2P-F] localizing the p2p-f wiki

Marco Giustini info at marcogiustini.info
Sat Nov 2 22:44:12 CET 2013

Premise: As I said before I can donate the domain p2pf.net to community, so
you can use it in an exclusive way.

Blog: I think it's preferred to use the domain p2pf.net domain ONLY for
wordpress. If you're interested in creating a multilingual/multicountry
community for the p2pfoundation, my proposal is to move
blog.p2pfoundation.net to www.p2pf.net, using the main domain as the main
english blog, and creating local branches of the p2pfoundation using
subdomains, so to have i.e. nederlands.p2pf.net, italia.p2pf.net and soon.
Each blog (including the main one) could have community features
(buddypress) and would be possible also to import data from Ning using the
related plugin. Each blog could also have a crowdfunding plugin to support
country based projects. And soon..

Wiki: I think it's preferred to use the domain p2pfoundation.net ONLY for
mediawiki. Using  the Translate extension for MediaWiki, it's possible to
translate articles in various language, so to have different wiki for
different languages instead of articles in different languages from english
inside of an english wiki, as it is now.

So basicly the new architecture could be to have a wiki configured for
languages and a blog for countries. Two different features, the wiki is the
p2p encyclopedia and the blog is the community.

Marco Giustini