[P2P-F] Fwd: RS Writers: PLEASE READ - Fundraising Drive Needs You Now

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed May 29 07:07:25 CEST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Reality Sandwich <info at evolver.net>
Date: Wed, May 29, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Subject: RS Writers: PLEASE READ - Fundraising Drive Needs You Now
To: michelsub2004 at gmail.com

**
       Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your
browser<http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=c45148e3315288a1da897bdee&id=9dcbef0fd0&e=69e038123a>.

       [image: Reality
Sandwich]<http://evolver.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c45148e3315288a1da897bdee&id=6120b6bc03&e=69e038123a>
         I'm going to ask you a personal favor (and forgive me for doing so
through a mass mailing...).

 Could you please send an email to your friends and allies about the Reality
Sandwich 2.0 Kickstarter<http://evolver.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=c45148e3315288a1da897bdee&id=a546a90ea0&e=69e038123a>
?

 *It's important for people to appreciate how critical this campaign is to
RS's future*. The money is for a new site so that we can expand our
editorial features to stay current and increase traffic. Also, critically,
it enables us to introduce a membership program that will create a
necessary new revenue stream. Moreover, the RS tech system is obsolete and
teetering (as would be any web publishing system as old as ours...). *RS as
currently structured is not sustainable, and we're turning to the community
to ensure we have a future*.

 We have *19 days left* to reach our target of $40,000, and we're about 25%
of the way there.

 To date, much of the RS community has assumed that we're this fairly
large, well resourced operation that doesn't require their direct financial
support. But -- as they say in Oz -- don't pay attention to the man behind
the curtain! We need to shift the community culture, and convince a core
group to make a donation now, and become paying members later, so we can
continue to make all our articles free to everyone. Of the 140,000 people
who come to the site each month, I'm sure we can get a good percentage
(5%!) to make this commitment. But to do so, we've got to communicate this
message repeatedly and clearly so it'll be heard, since it's so different
than the image people have of us.

 *At the same time that RS 2.0 will provide us with a sustainable business
model, it also means a much improved RS experience*. Reality Sandwich's
next phase includes a timely blog with 10+ posts a day for news, reviews,
events and opinion about all of transformational culture. With much more
video, music and podcasts. And deeper community engagement.

 In addition, the membership program will foster in-depth discussions about
hot topics with inspiring visionaries like Dennis McKenna, Gary Lachman,
Thomas B. Roberts, Ryan Hurd, and many more (maybe you!). It will be a
lively cultural incubator, where participants discuss new ideas across the
full horizon of consciousness culture.

 Please donate to the Kickstarter campaign today, and spread the
word<http://evolver.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c45148e3315288a1da897bdee&id=5af068aa94&e=69e038123a>
.

 We appreciate everything you do to help make this campaign a success. If
you have any suggestions you'd like to share, we're all ears!

 Cheers,

 Ken and the RS Team

 P.S. If you've already donated to RS 2.0, and have trumpeted about this
campaign to the world, thank you so much!

 --

 Ken Jordan
 Publisher/Editorial Director, Reality Sandwich & Evolver.net

          follow on Twitter <https://www.twitter.com/EvolverNet/> | friend
on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/thenightingalescode> | forward to a
friend<http://us2.forward-to-friend1.com/forward?u=c45148e3315288a1da897bdee&id=9dcbef0fd0&e=69e038123a>

   *Copyright © 2013 Evolver, All rights reserved.*
You are a contributor to Reality Sandwich
*Our mailing address is:*
Evolver
580 Broadway
New York, NY 10012