[P2P-F] Fwd: Updates on The Wealth of the Commons

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed May 1 06:35:32 CEST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Bollier <david at bollier.org>
Date: Wed, May 1, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Subject: Updates on The Wealth of the Commons
To: David Bollier <david at bollier.org>

Dear contributor to *The Wealth of the Commons*:

We have a number of important updates to tell you about!

"Tthe rest of the essays in the English edition of the anthology, are now
posted online at http://www.wealthofthecommons.org!  If you go to the
website and click on the "Contents" tab, you can find an online posting of
your essay.  Each essay has its own permanent link, so we invite you to
share the link with others.  The English edition is being posted online
thanks to a special agreement with the publisher, Levellers Press, six
months after publication of the print edition.

The German edition of the book is also available online thanks to an
enthusiastic reader who produced a website featuring the essays:
http://band1.dieweltdercommons.de  *The Wealth of the Commons* has so far
been a big success in its German version, and we strongly hope that it will
enter more university libraries there.  (If it is not already available in
yours, please drop a note to the librarian!)  Another German reader took
the trouble to create a downloadable e-book version:
http://thomaskalka.de/commons-ebook

For those people who prefer to read their books on e-readers, it is now
possible to buy *The Wealth of the Commons* in Kindle and Nook formats.  A
free epub digital version is also available for downloads.  (Links to these
e-book formats are posted on http://www.wealthofthecommons.org.)

We invite you to use this occasion to publicize the book -- both the
English and German versions, and the new online and e-book versions --
through your spheres of interest and influence on email lists, Twitter,
Facebook and other channels.

We are hopeful that several translations of the book will be made (and
perhaps "adaptations" that include new, country-specific essays).  We are
currently in touch with publishers in Italy and France, for example, and
commoners in a number of other countries have expressed an interest in
adapting the book.

Please recall that the entire book is published under a Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike license, which means that the essays can be copied
and shared without permission provided that credit is given to the author
of the essay and to "The Wealth of the Commons."  It is preferable that you
link to the book website (www.wealthofthecommons.org) and to the "deed" for
the CC BY-SA license (http://www.creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/deed
)."

David Bollierdavid at bollier.org