[P2P-F] Fwd: neotraditional conferences on land stewardship and taxation

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sat Mar 23 15:29:18 CET 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Challen <peterchallen at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM

 Dear Friends,

Here below, a reminder of the initiative by which we want to identify the
universality in the truths the great faiths seek to share with each other
and with many other people of good faith.

Please do not let the accident of venue and day chosen detract from the
ecumenical earnestness in which the examination of the biblically
propounded Covenant of Trusteeship for 'everything under the rainbow' is
proposed. We wanted a worship centre as the focus and Saturday was deemed
the best day for a widely varied group to gather with adequate time to
engage; and we selected three events to widen possibilities of attendance
and to develop momentum with consultation between the events..

We apologise that there was no way we could make suitable choices for
everyone in offering an open invitation.

Our intention is to support as widely a representative gathering as we can
assemble to work out the implications of the Covenant for our economic
behaviour today and henceforth.

The co-organisers hope that others will join in contributing to follow-up
ecumenical events that might generate a momentum leading to the social
reforms that all of the leaders of the three faiths are now identifying as
necessary….

Please still consider
- joining us,
- recruiting others to represent your vital insights,
- donating to help us meet the costs of what we are convinced is a task
that must be tackled urgently.

*Herewith the sites for registration and for options for making a donation
for the three spring conferences*

* *

*PLEASE HELP us by inviting and attracting representatives of our great
faith traditions to share in the exploration of COVENANT AND CONTEMPORARY
ECONOMICS, expressing how life is gift; and turning our rich rhetoric about
the universality of mono-theistic faith into tangible applications, to
which we can all contribute.*

*////////////////////////////*

Are the Judeo-Christian and Islamic religions fulfilling their foundation
mission – the honouring of a Covenant of property rights in land that
excluded the right to exclusive monopoly of a minority, but gifted to be
shared by all - and if not, what should be done about it? These three
conferences are designed to examine how the three Abrahamic faiths laid the
foundations for a moral economics in which nature was to be shared for the
common good.

·         The conferences, held in London churches, will reveal that Jesus
identified the rent of land as the sacred source of revenue for the
community. What should be done to encourage religious leaders to honour
that advocacy by the people who adhere to the Christian faith?

·         Islamic scholars elaborated the principles of Land Taxation a
thousand years before Adam Smith – can this history be reintegrated into
the ethics of Islamic economics?

·         The Covenant with God came at a price – a moral code of conduct.
Can this Covenant solve the territorial dispute over the Holy Land today?
The Chief Rabbi spoke recently of the Covenant requiring us 'to serve and
conserve' the earth.

*'A THEOLOGY OF LAND AND ITS IMPLICATIONS FOR CONTEMPORARY ECONOMICS'*

//////////////////////////////

1]  April 6th 10-4 at St Mary, Aldermary, City of London

Honouring the Theology of the Land : *GOD & THE GOOD LIFE: THE AUDIT   [1st
of 3]  - **250 places*

Register on *http://god-and-the-goodlife.eventbrite.com/*

/////////////////////////////////

2]  May 4th 10-2   at Christ Church North Southwark

Honouring the Theology of the Land : *GREAT AWAKENINGS: THE APPLICATION
 [2nd of 3] - **150 places*

*Registration on      http://theologyofland2of3.eventbrite.com*

///////////////////////////////

3]  June 1st 10-2 at St James, Piccadilly

Honouring the Theology of the Land :  *HOLY LAND: THE AFFIRMATION [3rd of
3] - **250 places*

Registration on  http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5506287454

*
*/////////////////////////////

Registration and donations can also be directly to *P B Challen *by this
email address

or to

Canon P B Challen

21 Bousfield Rd.

London SE14 5TP

020 7207 0509

Charitable contributions gaining us the tax advantage, can be made to

'THE LAND RESEARCH TRUST',

c/o Peter Challen

21 Bousfield Rd.

London SE14 5TP,