[P2P-F] Fwd: change how we organise. change the world.

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Mar 1 07:32:55 CET 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Liam Barrington-Bush <liam at concretesolutions.org.uk>
Date: Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Subject: change how we organise. change the world.
To: David <happyseaurchin at gmail.com>

**
     Want your organisation to be more like people? You can help this book
to see the light of day!
  Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your
browser<http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=30e4fddeac0f0c81451f69653&id=3dfa8440c9&e=c4a621fbd2>.

              Welcome to The MoreLikePeoplist!
*(Not sure you should be here? The footer will explain why you are and how
to unsubscribe.)*
The crowd-funding campaign to publish my recently finished book,
‘Anarchists in the Boardroom: How social media and social movements can
help your organisation to be more like people’ has just gone live and the
response has been amazing!

*Almost $700 has been pledged to help this project see the light of day and
it's only been live for a few hours!*

'Anarchists in the Boardroom' wants to change how we organise for good in
the world.

*Pledge now to make sure the book gets
published!*<http://concretesolutions.us6.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=30e4fddeac0f0c81451f69653&id=763698251a&e=c4a621fbd2>

 For too long, voluntary sector, NGO, community organisations and social
enterprises have unquestioningly adopted the organising structures of
industrialism, even when these approaches have been at odds with the values
they are trying to create in the world.

 As the 21st Century rolled-around, this incompatibility become
all-the-more stark, as not only were our organisational structures at odds
with our values, they were also not very effective at navigating the
networked, social world we have found ourselves in.

 Anarchists in the Boardroom looks to the organising patterns found on
social media, and the practices of so many recent social movements (from
Occupy, to the Arab Spring) and lays the foundations for a journey from the
past to the future of organising for good.
      But it won’t see the light of day without your support If the
campaign is to take off, *it will need those of you who have some
experience of the importance of these ideas to stand up, chip in and spread
the word.* If money is short, tell a friend or two about the campaign.
Getting word out beyond those already connected with the ideas will be
crucial to helping this book get published!

*Chip in & share the
link!*<http://concretesolutions.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=30e4fddeac0f0c81451f69653&id=bd56203c15&e=c4a621fbd2>

Thank you all in advance!

Liam

PS – Feel free to keep track of this stuff on the Facebook
page<http://concretesolutions.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=30e4fddeac0f0c81451f69653&id=7f435f3ae1&e=c4a621fbd2>,
or following me on
Twitter<http://concretesolutions.us6.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=30e4fddeac0f0c81451f69653&id=44230a87d3&e=c4a621fbd2>
for
more up-to-the-minute updates.
          <http://concretesolutions.us6.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=30e4fddeac0f0c81451f69653&id=27a914c4de&e=c4a621fbd2>follow
Liam on Twitter<http://concretesolutions.us6.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=30e4fddeac0f0c81451f69653&id=82553e31f3&e=c4a621fbd2>|
'like'
more like people on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/liambarringtonbush> | forward
to a friend<http://us6.forward-to-friend1.com/forward?u=30e4fddeac0f0c81451f69653&id=3dfa8440c9&e=c4a621fbd2>

  *more like people.*

*Our mailing address is:*
more like people
1-62 Church Rd
Mitcham, Surrey
London, London CR4 3BU
United Kingdom

Add us to your address
book<http://concretesolutions.us6.list-manage.com/vcard?u=30e4fddeac0f0c81451f69653&id=dadac5cb60>
     You might have ended up here for a number of reasons. We met
somewhere, you came to an event or workshop we organised, we had a good
chat once, you're part of our families, or we've shared some interesting
ideas together online. But none of these things oblige you to keep getting
these messages if you don't appreciate them!
 unsubscribe from this
list<http://concretesolutions.us6.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=30e4fddeac0f0c81451f69653&id=dadac5cb60&e=c4a621fbd2&c=3dfa8440c9>|
update
subscription preferences<http://concretesolutions.us6.list-manage.com/profile?u=30e4fddeac0f0c81451f69653&id=dadac5cb60&e=c4a621fbd2>

   Sent to happyseaurchin at gmail.com — *why did I get
this?*<http://concretesolutions.us6.list-manage.com/about?u=30e4fddeac0f0c81451f69653&id=dadac5cb60&e=c4a621fbd2&c=3dfa8440c9>
unsubscribe from this
list<http://concretesolutions.us6.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=30e4fddeac0f0c81451f69653&id=dadac5cb60&e=c4a621fbd2&c=3dfa8440c9>|
update
subscription preferences<http://concretesolutions.us6.list-manage.com/profile?u=30e4fddeac0f0c81451f69653&id=dadac5cb60&e=c4a621fbd2>
more like people · 1-62 Church Rd · Mitcham, Surrey · London, London CR4
3BU  [image: Email Marketing Powered by
MailChimp]<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=30e4fddeac0f0c81451f69653&afl=1>

--
eco^2
*a new economic entity <http://ecosquared.info>*

"*The eco^2 entity is not a company or a bank or a shop or a pension
scheme, and yet it performs the same transactional functions through a
single self-similar social contract, while inducing a culture shift from
money-making to value-creation. The environment within the entity is purely
peer-to-peer, affording a collaborative commons, and all money derived from
value creation is equally distributed through a system of weighted
subjective enumeration. A real-world, trusted and embodied network reveals
a set of social solutions which lie beyond the reach of traditional,
bounded organisations like companies, charities and government bodies.
Precise open-space technologies such as non-directed meetings and action
cycles provide the depth and speed to complement traditional organisational
mechanisms, and constitute a methodological shift in business practice from
information and knowledge to not-knowing and wisdom. Individual practice
directly influences the health of the entire collective eco^2 entity, inviting
and attracting exponential growth based on genuine and mutual experience."*
*
*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/