[P2P-F] Fwd: Abundance is Possible, Don't Miss Out

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Jun 6 15:28:10 CEST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Robb (Resilient Communities) <admin at resilientcommunities.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Subject: Abundance is Possible, Don't Miss Out
To: michelsub2004 at gmail.com

    Having problems viewing this email? View this post on our
website<https://cs962.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/5811/489c0db804d67f69/2425054/f73c46842b066571>
.
     [image: printlogo-1329425488189.jpeg]
       Abundance is Possible, Don't Miss Out
  By John Robb

When I started to work on resilience, I focused on relearning age-old
lessons of self-reliance.   My goal was to find useful traditional methods
for producing everything locally, so I could stitch them together into a
useful resilient strategy.

However, as I dove into the topic, I found something completely unexpected.

All of those lessons on how to produce at the local level were rapidly
changing. Innovation was *everywhere*. New methods and techniques. Better
technology. Deeper knowledge and insight. More science.

This is *useful*, tangible innovation.  Innovation that meant it was
now* *possible
for people to produce *more* at the household and community level than *ever
before*.

*Advancing technology*

For example, today’s Resilient
Roundtable<https://cs962.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/9712/1496cc43b07413a0/2425054/f73c46842b066571>conference
call was with an open source company doing work on producing
electricity from a process called wood gasification.  Wood gasification is
an old technology that was used extensively in the last century (mostly
during the oil shortages of WW2) to burn wood in a way that powers a
combustion engine.

Used correctly, it’s a wonderful technology.  It not only allows people to
locally produce electricity from inexpensive biomass, it’s very good for
the environment.  Unfortunately, until recently, this technology was
notoriously finicky and required constant supervision to work correctly.

That’s completely changed.

With recent innovations, it’s now possible to run a wood gas engine at peak
efficiency for *days* without any oversight.  That’s a BIG deal.  So big
that I suspect we’ll see hundreds of millions of people burning wood for
electricity within the next twenty years.

So, what does this mean in the big picture?

I can only conclude one thing.  Abundance is possible *everywhere*!

Producing more locally isn’t just a survival strategy anymore, or a way to
get by in an increasingly unstable world. No, producing more locally using
these new methods is *fundamental shift.*  A way of living that could
change the world if people voted in their billions with feet, minds, hands
to adopt this successful approach to life.

It is a way to *thrive*.

[image: swisschard]<https://cs962.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/9714/54a0391e8da67501/2425054/f73c46842b066571>

(This fabulous photo is via Fat Toad
Farm<https://cs962.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/9716/e9d5efe4188a242b/2425054/f73c46842b066571>
)

*Get on board*

Take the baby steps with me to reclaim this world, one home and community
at a time. Join people like Vicki, a member of our community that sent me
this lovely note:

 *John, I love reading your resilient communities newsletters and finally
last week I started my first raised garden bed. Two tiers to start with and
I can already see that I need a third one right away.  I’m taking an Urban
Farming workshop all summer long and have learned alot from your website so
don’t feel like an absolute newbie (even though I am). I’ve added two trees
to my sub-tropical garden this summer, a papaya and dwarf orange tree.
These will yield a lot of fruit for my family without taking up much room.
You’ve taught me to take what I have and make it work for me. Next up, a
rain barrel. Baby steps. No more stocking up crap food in the pantry I’ll
never eat!*

 Sincerely,

JOHN ROBB

[image: JR Small]<https://cs962.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/9718/b177abeeec67258f/2425054/f73c46842b066571>

       For your convenience, John Robb will deliver his articles straight
to your inbox each time a post is made! I look forward to the ongoing
conversation and you're always welcome to post your comments at
www.resilientcommunities.com<https://cs962.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/5813/031e0b62f30ad32c/2425054/f73c46842b066571>.

  If you no longer wish to receive our emails, click the link below:
  Resilient Community, LLC 14405 W Colfax Ave #309 Lakewood, Colorado 80401
United States

<https://crm.infusionsoft.com/go/infs/jschneider/html>

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/