[P2P-F] an important announcement of the p2p foundation

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Jul 23 09:36:11 CEST 2013

Dear Denis,

I'm giving details through Skype but right now still feel uncomfortable in
creating more problems for the individual involved.

The issue is the following, we do have a confession, but couched in terms
of a personal problems and personality issues, but this only accounts for
the issues covering the last 3 months; but I have evidence of much more
nasty interventions dating back since december.

Basically the technique was the following: during particular senstive
emergencies, crucial requests would not get to me; this was
incomprehensible for some partners, who saw all my online activity, and
therefore were incredulous as to my explanation. This create hurt from two
sides, the side that felt abandoned by me, and on my side, hurt about
unjustified accusations.

The original psy-op involved forgeries, usurped identities, fake meetings
and a whole series of actions that make it very hard to believe that this
could just be an individual without assistance.

However, we do not have the means to verify this. Right now, I am looking
at help to restore the integrity of the communications, for example how to
restore blocked and filters I may not be aware of.

On a personal level and to be frank, these are the issues I have to deal
with:

1) healthcare: though I now have basic health insurance, lack of cash flow
makes it impossible to use (prepayment), so I have not been able to go to a
single doctor visit regarding a chronic prostate issue, and an asthmatic
bronchitis I have caught in Europe. If my symptoms are not acute, my wife
will resist doctor visits, as there are so many competing demands for our
cash, and the kids get priority

2) tech infrastructure: my computer is old and decaying and can only be
used by extra keyboard, which is inconvenient, my phone is help together by
tape; when travelling, I can't use an android, do not have roaming and can
exclusively use sms ... the effects of all this is that many small problems
are hard to solve

3) cash flow issues mean i cannot react properly to emergencies, do not
have a working credit card (problems when asked for guarantees for hotel
rooms); for example, I have zero access to new books, unless I get review
copies

The problem is that once you are pushed into such a position, you are
dealing with a lot of emergencies, making it difficult to look at things
strategically

My analysis from the recent psy-op is that someone understood this, and
targetted communciations and cooperations that involved funding.

Of course, many of these thigns are related to personality flaws, and I
"should" do things better, but, I have my limits, and better support would
really help.

In particular: a basic income so I could afford healthcare, investment in
new tech (computer, android that can serve as phone, roaming sub); and some
emergency loan fund to occasionally prepay tickets (I usually refuse, but
sometimes, it's really necessary).

Right now, I and our little group are facing scaling issue, the interest is
exploding, demands on our time is skyrocketing, and we should
professionalize, but, are not successful yet in achieving this new phase.

Michel

<< Message: 2