[P2P-F] Fwd: New From Pluto Press - Nature for Sale: The Commons versus Commodities

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 19:14:11 CEST 2013

> And caring about something like air pollution is
> simply not in the reach of most people, I think.

This reminds me of how people make choices in
their own lives that they eventually regret because
they cannot or do not see the consequences.

For example, none of us eat candy all day long
because we have learned it is bad for our health.

If we can get people to see the long-term results
of their actions they may begin to do the right
thing for *selfish* reasons.

But I think the time-delay between our actions
and the reactions of nature reduces our care
makes us believe what we do doesn't matter.