[P2P-F] The (a)political economy of Bitcoin

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 15:53:06 CEST 2013

*"Any idea how such digital currency could look like?"*

yes, my answer to this :
contextualizations as currencies. ( including past, present, and suggested
futures )

in effect, creating a resource allocation and emergent governance system
combined with choices as for engagements into intentional economic networks
( that is, graphs with past, present, and suggested inter-dependencies ).

A currency is a "medium of exchange" (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency )

Contextualizations can serve as mediums of exchange, when it enables
participating agents ( artificial or biological forms of intelligence )

to choose where to engage their attention and resources, or where to
receive attention or resources to resolve current or projected needs.

It can also do so for systemic needs that can become more apparent as data
and metadata start building up in such emergent graphs.

I wish to use REA ontology as a starting point to deconstruct current
transactions and social contracts ( with a variety of metadata )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resources,_events,_agents_(accounting_model)

One can for example deconstruct and visualize what we currently call money
( fiat IOU's issued with interest by a centralized corporate banking
network ), and compare it with a variety of other contracts. ( which in
effect become social contracts when they become more generally accepted /
legitimized )

I wish to use Netention as a way of contextualizing such deconstructed data
and metadata, accross all types of contracts, and to visualize the re-use
for non-linear transactions of such metadata creation ( I see credit as
metadata used in non linear transactions )

https://github.com/automenta/netentionjs2

I personally believe that increased transparency regarding such
interdependencies, and the reputation effects it has in relation to active
agents, becomes the new currency.