[P2P-F] The (a)political economy of Bitcoin

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 21:11:23 CEST 2013

By far the majority of digital currencies seem to be organized along
the lines of Thomas Greco's credit clearing networks -- that is,
they're not stores of value but rather simply denominators of the
value created by the exchange process itself. The idea is to
facilitate exchange between those who have no "money" in the sense of
stored value from past exchanges, so that even in a local economy with
"no money" in circulation, it's possible to exchange present against
future goods and services. Basically set up like a checking account
where you can run a limited negative balance.