[P2P-F] Fwd: Engaged Economists Writing About Conflict

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Jul 11 12:59:08 CEST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joel van der Beek <jb at econovision.nl>
Date: Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Subject: Engaged Economists Writing About Conflict
To: "beek at epseu.org" <beek at epseu.org>

Dear friends,

Two years ago we approached you for what we called the "Vox EU
project" or "Initiative
column-service on conflict, war, violence, crime, and peace project". We
are proud to present to you the realization of our initiative: a weekly
blog on conflict, posted on three distinguished platforms: United States
Institute of Peace (USIP), the International Network for Economists and
Conflict (INEC) and the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
(SIPRI).

Our first blog is titled "Can UN Troops Influence Economic Development? The
Case of South Sudan"
The blog is co-authored by Raul Caruso, Assistant Professor at Catholic
University of the Sacred Heart and Roberto Ricciuti, Associate Professor of
Economics at the University of Verona

Enjoy reading!

Joel van der Beek, on behalf of Economists for Peace and Security

Joel van der Beek****

Economists for Peace and Security****

Speenkruid 26

3941 TE Doorn

The Netherlands

T +31 6 303 959 10****

Email beek at epseu.org****

Skype joelvanderbeek****

http://www.EPSEU.org

http://inec.usip.org/content/engaged-economists-writing-about-conflict
Engaged Economists Writing About Conflict

The U.S. Institute of Peace, Economists for Peace & Security, and the
Stockholm International Peace Research Institute are partnering together to
provide weekly blogs written by leading peace economists.  These blogs will
discuss issues that are pressing and relevant to the policy, practice and
theory of economics and development in conflict and crisis-affected
contexts. Hosted here on USIP’s International Network for Economics and
Conflict and cross-posted by SIPRI, the blogs aim to move research forward
and promote global discussion and shared learning on economic aspects of
peace and security.  Covering issues from piracy to food security, and
extractive industries to entrepreneurship, these blogs will be concise,
research-based resources for those working to change the situation of the
more than 1.5 billion people living in conflict-affected and fragile
states.  We encourage you to participate in our venture by posting comments
and questions for our expert authors.

Semi-Annual Bloggers Include:

Hamid E. Ali, The American University in Cairo
Jurgen Brauer, Georgia Regents University
Tilman Brück, Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
Michael Brzoska, University of Hamburg
Raul Caruso, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart
Olaf De Groot, Deutsches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung Berlin
Michele di Maio, University of Naples "Parthenope"
Paul Dunne, University of Cape Town
Sami Faltas, University of Groningen
Nathan Fiala, University of California, Irvine
Thomas Edward Flores, George Mason University
Partha Gangopadhyay, University of Western Sydney
Ana María Ibáñez Londoño, Universidad de los Andes
Patricia Justino, University of Sussex
Esteban Klor, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Jean-François Maystadt, International Food Policy Research Institute
Jan Pronk, Institute of Social Studies, Erasmus University Rotterdam
Roberto Ricciuti, University of Verona
Dominic Rohner, University of York
Gabriela Guerrero Serdan, Royal Holloway College, University of London
Anja Shortland, Brunel University
Elisabeth Sköns, Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
Michael Spagat, Royal Holloway College, University of London
Anoop Swarup, Shobhit University
Juan F. Vargas, University of Rosario
Philip Verwimp, Free University of Brussels

*Each blog post and comment posted on the blog represents the views of the
author and not necessarily that of USIP, a non-partisan,
congressionally-funded organization that does not advocate for policy
positions.

Links
<http://inec.usip.org/content/engaged-economists-writing-about-conflict><http://inec.usip.org/content/engaged-economists-writing-about-conflict>
http://inec.usip.org/content/engaged-economists-writing-about-conflict