[P2P-F] Fwd: Ancient Athens didn't have politicians. Is there a lesson for us?

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Tue Jan 15 14:52:44 CET 2013

El 15/01/13 01:12, Darren dijo:
> ......continued from my last post below
[...]
> I wonder if such a system would see scary results?? (mob mentality)
>
> The system whereby people get informed would also need
> attention.  I'm thinking of large media controller/owner
> led agendas.

"freedom is an endless meeting" from francesca polletta is a good analysis of
direct/consensus-based/participatory democracies that tries not to fall on the
"participatory democracies just don't work/scale/etc." thesis.

at pirate party argentina we defined consensus as lack of dissent, meaning you
don't have to be involved in everything for the whole to progress, and assuming
you can't take part on every aspect of the party (or will simply be
indifferent).

--
:{