[P2P-F] Fwd: evolution of cognition : metaphor, metalingual definition, algorithm, and control (Anna Harris)

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Jan 7 12:39:07 CET 2013

Interesting comments Anna.

I think this is a general difficulty with evolutionary schemes; whether
they are true or not, they easily lead to interpretations of superiority,

at the same time, I do think there is such a thing as the evolution of the
complexity of consciousness, which has been noted by many researchers (even
if the need for such complexification may be a result of disfunctions of
the society in which they occur)

my way out of this conundrum is the concept of Equipotentality,
http://p2pfoundation.net/Equipotentiality, i.e. the social design of
contributory projects where everyone brings something to the table which is
exactly right for the particular project, and hence can and has to be
honoured,

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/