[P2P-F] calling barcelona and guifi.net and michel to help us make connections for catalonian visit in may

Gordon Cook cook at cookreport.com
Tue Feb 26 05:09:11 CET 2013

hello all,

Michel I understand that you will be giving a public seminar of two in Barcelona some where between about March 3rd and march 9th??

Would you point to me on this guifi.net page  http://guifi.net/en/node/56406  please and say that   Isaac wilder and myself will be coming to Barcelona may 2nd or 3rd until about the 22.

Your audience in Barcelona can down load my report from here.

http://guifi.net/en/node/56406.

Isaac and myself are very very interested in meeting people in may who attend your seminar  because we want to find out evereything about guifinet and its economics and how it works and how it affects peoples life's.... we would like to use the net to make as many appointments to stay with people and talk to people as possible.
we would be especially looking for  someone with a car who speaks English fluently who could help us met guifi users in rural areas and translate for interviews that i hope to do.   we would pay petrol expenses for the car.  We also hope to visit valencia where guifi has 5,000 nodes.

"Do It Ourselves Telecommunications"

Blog entry "Do It Ourselves Telecommunications" has been updated.

created: Tue, 19/02/2013 - 20:44 — Gordon Cook - updated: 25/02/2013 - 11:00pm
This is the title of the 154 page March April 2013 COOK Report that I published Feb 1 on Guifi.net and on Isaac Wilder FNF in Kansas City.

As I understand it Isaac is still FNF in the US as an over all group  but that his Kansas City network is becoming Guifi.us

Isaac and I and maybe I hope Jeff Michka are planning to visit Catalonia  and València in early May -starting May 3rd- and leaving, I think, May 22 for london.

We want to form a real functional colaborative operation with Guifi net and take what you have accomplished back to the USA and set up guifi there.

I am hoping also to build a bridge between guifi and B4RN (http://b4rn.org.uk/) in the UK.

I will upload an agenda of the kind of information I am looking for along with the meetings and the rest of the travelling plan soon.

In the meantime you can read the report and make comments. Find it as an attached file to this blog entry.

Looking forward to meeting many of you,

Gordon Cook