[P2P-F] open capital License?

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 01:58:30 CET 2013

Thanks Apostolis.

Yes, the tool you shared can be useful to me !
http://valnet.webfactional.com/

as for the rest :

Its really interesting to approach the various notions of capital. ( Thanks
Michel for bringing up the topic )

It would be interesting to see / express the different forms of ( dominant
) capital in the form of a license. See it as such.

a few more pieces of a puzzle in attempts at understanding a larger picture
, and give an example in the direction heaing in the direction of an open
capital license ? :

Which are the forms of capital that derive solely from contracts ?
Or are they all some form of another of contract ( in relation to our
approach to our own health ? )

Can we break them down, into granular descriptions, and understand how they
are constructed / related ?

When understanding the more granular / monadic aspects of such contracts
which may create or preserve capital
( including for example engagements to preserve ecosystems as commons , as
a form of capital ? )
how could we enable such "open capital license" ?

Some years ago, I tried to imagine how we could apply this to monetary
tokens.  Which I essentially see as metadata, created through a debt
contract.

Money in itself seems to be only one type of capital.  Yet one which seems
to be rather central in our attention span / preoccupations ?

I tried to understand what the "awareness" was of current money, and
noticed somehow that it was, in my own interpretation, not only debt based,
but in some kind of "addicted" awareness, as interest on monetary creation
through debt / credit seemed to lead to a need to more credit creation to
expand the monetary mass.   I also noticed that certain individuals or
entities within a system may have a privileged access to credit creation,
or even simply a privileged position in terms of a transfer of such type of
money through profits... or a combination of both, in itself creating
artificial scarcity of such tokens for a majority of the population, and
abundance for a small minority, who could hoard it from the real economy ,
including in the form of a speculative economy in which such monetary mass
could be expanded, while reducing monetary flows in some "real economy" of
transactions between people, limiting inflation ( ? ) , and using such
approach to proportionally increase the power of a small minority over a
majority of individuals , when most have become dependent on a monopolistic
globalised monetary architecture to access interdependencies , value
creation, resources...

Hence, I perceive it as a hierarchical coercive system.

How to reverse such "awareness" ?

I feel like building on Michel's initial question - regarding a license.

I imagine that an intentional license , related to such metadata, could
serve as a filter for the usage of such tokens.

Better still, it may not need to be exchangeable tokens.

It could simply be metadata, created out of a variety of transactions.

This is where the netention idea , and linked data protocols, enter in the
equation.

Within such kind of contextualized metadata information systems, there may
be the potential to include the current mainstream debt based financial
system,
but also the possibilities to circumvent undesired consequences by reducing
dependencies on such debt based system, and routing around some of its
effects.   For example, encouraging investments of hoarded surplus profits,
into contributive p2p production infrastructures, yet defining conditions
of such investment into , for example, access to use value derived from
such infrastructure, hence a variety of metadata related to such production
and transactions related to such production, yet not requiring to guarantee
property as collateral to a repayment of such debt tokens plus interest,

gradually investing into production infrastructures which can become less
dependent on the conditions ( the license ? ) of the current monetary
system,
when interconnected through the intentional conditions ( as metadata of
transactions engaged in ) defined within a larger, more complex information
system for transactions then one limited to one specific monopolistic
currency.

It could remain open to a variety of forms of capital ( hence equipotential
? ), while each peer could choose of the transactions it wished to endorse
and engage in...   creating an emergent environment ?  And , hopefully,
depending on if it is a open license, copy contextual data and creates
forks...

ps :  got mixed up in last mail, stated that you asked the question, while
it was Michel