[P2P-F] Fwd: [gang8] How a revolution in business lending could transform the British economy - Telegraph

James Gien Varney-Wong gien at ingienous.com
Fri Feb 1 08:45:52 CET 2013

We are really stuck between a rock and a hard place, aren't we?

 "the UK economy remains in trouble. Growth remains weak and confidence
fragile. Lending to small and medium businesses – the motor for job
creation – has collapsed. "
"With British businesses so important to growth, this is deeply damaging to
hopes for economic recovery."

We are caught in a dualistic system where we are damned if we do and damned
if we don't. If growth is weak, then massive number of people are out of
work and people suffer. However, as Guy McPherson observed, the only
variable which has had any significant impact on rates of carbon emissions
is a slowdown in economic growth.

http://guymcpherson.com/2013/01/climate-change-summary-and-update/

Guy's own prognosis is pretty bleak as he thinks that even total global
economic collapse will not be enough to stop the positive feedback loops
human civilization has now set in motion.

However, he still argues that economic slowdown is the only thing shown at
this stage, to have any impact at all on carbon emissions.

Are we simply rearranging deck chairs while the Titantic goes down?

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM, Michel Bauwens
<michel at p2pfoundation.net>wrote:

> [...]

We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails
*Birtha Calloway*

Web: www.ingienous.com
Email: gien at ingienous.com
Phone: +27 71 642 5521 (SA)