[P2P-F] Fwd: [commoning] The Co-operative University

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Dec 19 04:59:32 CET 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wolfgang Hoeschele <whoesch at truman.edu>
Date: Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: [commoning] [P2P-F] The Co-operative University
To: commoning at listen.jpberlin.de

Dear all,
I have only been able to briefly read posts in this thread, as I have been
extremely busy grading student work at the non-commons university where I
am employed. However, I do find this thread very interesting and can see
myself participating in a cooperative university of some kind at some point
- possibly the one in Germany if that's a possibility!

Meanwhile, on the Commons Abundance Network's NORA knowledge base, we have
a page on the need for "opportunities to learn" (
http://commonsabundance.net/wiki/opportunities-to-learn/) - which, you will
find, includes an analysis of "scarcity and abundance" in education and
learning today, as well as a list of "approaches toward abundance" (each of
which should in future lead to a page devoted to that approach toward
abundance), and a list of links and literature. Once I have time to sift
through this discussion thread, I can add more relevant links and
references; in the meantime, if you can send me recommendations of sites to
link, or give feedback on the content of the page, I'll appreciate that.

I'm not ready at this point to create a page on cooperative universities,
but if somebody would be ready to do that, I could help in the editing
process, making sure it fits in the NORA format requirements (these
requirements are important to ensure that it becomes clear how everything
is connected to everything else, and how different efforts can
synergetically contribute to meeting needs while using resources
sustainably).

One of my students has also created a page on cooperative schools - i.e.,
the primary and secondary level of education, rather than universities, but
any suggestions on further improvement on this page will also be welcome:
http://commonsabundance.net/wiki/co-operative-schools/.

While I'm at it, let me also provide a link to our most recent newsletter
on CAN: http://commonsabundance.net/docs/december-2013-newsletter/.

All the best,
Wolfgang

JPBerlin - Politischer Provider