[P2P-F] [commoning] The Co-operative University

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 21:14:59 CET 2013

Thanks Sam

Yes, I understand this.
No worries, you are not too much ahead of me ;)
( if such thing ever exists ? Ever noticed yourself remembering what you
understood when you where a child ... but forgot ? )

I remember past exchanges with you, always finding them very inspiring.
Likely nothing new - but re-contextualizing :

Independently from personal strategies ( including the potential influence
of disillusion , and social pressures ) for shared action in a debt based
tributary system,

I believe we can see potentials for synergies between narratives.

I do understand and see a "Cooperative" alternative to a "Corporate"
university system as certainly useful ( if but only to regain some control
and better re-distribute income ),
even if certain of such cooperative learning institutions may recycle and
build themselves on selling prospects for monetization of credentials
throughout career based narratives.

Yet do they apply for most of the populations of the world ?

Is it even realistic to want to spread it out as an example.   Perhaps
rather see it as a mere improvement on the infrastructures supporting a
current ( yet rapidly changing ) narrative and learning approach ?

I hoped such processes will happen in full awareness, while keeping in mind
other narratives with whom to overlap to support shared intentions.

You probably noticed this list - many of whom are still in a monetized
paradigm, yet with potential towards overlap with other narratives -
http://emergentbydesign.com/2012/01/08/93-superhero-schools-collaboratories-incubators-accelerators-hubs-for-social-tech-innovation/

I already see this as a shift in narratives and social design, which likely
can relate to the process this thread is about ? These seem to be reaching
sufficient support as to become credible in the eyes of mainstream,
converging in some cases californian tech start-up incubation narratives.

The narrative supported in my last message is one many of us on this list
may know about - the small is beautiful narrative -

combined with that of converging the itinerant of
an information rich NEET <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEET> / Precariat /
Freeter <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeter> /
NINJA<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Income_No_Asset>Generation ,

and experimenting with neo-nomadic infrastructures, or relays. ( examples
may be https://embassynetwork.com/ , http://nomadbase.org/ )

The new Pope of the Catholic Church seems to have consciously chosen to
build on the narrative of Francis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_of_Assisi  ( which has counterparts in
other cultures ).

There, too, there may be some overlap to find ;)

So, looking forward to find overlaps between the narratives we may each
choose to focus on, in support of shared collective intelligence and the
commons.

Cordially,
Dante